First Dates

I hope it works. Will be interested to see if COVID Safe measures are evident in the show.

1 Like

No kissing, hugging etc and sitting 1.5m apart?

1 Like

I was thinking more like waiters wearing masks perhaps, as well as tables being 1.5 m apart, it would be difficult to have no kissing or hugging otherwise the show would feel a bit impersonal or unromantic.

1 Like

Today’s The Age Green Guide has an interview with James Devlin, who is the restaurant bartender on the new season.

Tommy Little will be the narrator of the new season.

New program logo
rbh7ufE3_400x400

2 Likes

Promising start. They have got staff with personality and the potential to build some flow week to week
Hope Tommy is allowed to be his cheeky self too
Ads finished…… back to the show !

1 Like

I’m only watching because someone I use to work with is on it and the whole work group chat is going off about this whole world of cringe.

I can’t believe she regifted the flowers given to her to the waitress…… in front of her date……
who does that???

2 Likes

Hopefully 10 can get the repeat rights of the original seasons off Seven, also hate it when programmimg is ‘split’ amongst networks.

1 Like

Seven would only give it up if they thought it was well and truly dead. They are still running repeats at the moment.

2 Likes

When 7flix last ran repeats, earlier last year or whenever it was, First Dates was one of its best regular nights, doing 2 - 3% shares and topping m/c key demos.

2 Likes

I used to watch some of those, probably more than when it was on the main channel.

First Date repeats are still airing on 7flix.

1 Like

Is anyone really surprised this was DOA. Why do networks insist on remaking failed shows on other networks. Is it just ego?

Anyway 9 should be looking at this flop closely as My Mum, Your Dad is almost certainly going to bomb like this. No one is interested in seeing old people date, they just love seeing somewhat hot trainwrecks making fools of themselves in manufactured drama.

1 Like

Tens version was actually alright. Good bunch of wait staff and the people on the dates were interesting enough but you do get sick of the format

2 Likes

Ten’s version was titled Season 1 on the EPG so they obviously don’t view it as a continuation of the Seven series.

An encore screening shown after the premiere of WILTY tonight.

No show next week due to 10’s coverage of World Cup football qualifier between Australia and Japan from Sydney.
New episodes return on Thursday March 31.

After this Thursday’s episode, the remainder of this season will air on Wednesday nights after MasterChef from April 20, due to the cooking competition show taking over the Thursday 7.30pm timeslot.

1 Like

Looks like there will be another season.

Not a bad show, just needs more consistency on which night they’ll air it on and timeslot.

1 Like