First Dates

Goes to show how badly they cast the show. If you’re going to cast a show full of pretty boys then you have to expect they will be wannabes who were models and strippers.

I loved tonight’s show. It’s so simple but very watchable. Can’t look away…

Series 2 returning Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 April at 7.30pm with episodes 7 and 8.

Really strange. They have been promoting Seven Year Switch like crazy but it hasn’t started yet but I’ve seen no promos for this and it’s back next week. Have Seven given up on it already with episodes screening in non-ratings?

Returns next week in yet another timeslot. This time Tuesdays at 8.30pm.

Going up against Love Child?

Yes but that’s fine. Reality against drama is better than two similar reality shows competing or two Aussie dramas battling for the same potential audience.

More new First Dates episodes to screen from next Tuesday 7:30

First Dates Australia - 2018 Season

Coming Soon

On FIRST DATES, real people go on blind dates in a restaurant with a unique twist.

They’ve come from right across the country to face the most intense night of their lives.
Discreet cameras follow every date…and every move!

They’ve been matched on their likes and dislikes. Some will sizzle. Some will crash and burn. What happens next is up to them!

At the end of the night, they must decide… will they go on a second date.

Yay! More trash TV as if there wasn’t enough.

I love the British version, it’s light hearted fun and entertaining. Nice to have something fun to watch and not have to think too much

Yeah, it’s a bit rough to call this trash TV. The show doesn’t really take itself too seriously and doesn’t over-egg the drama.

Really? So how bad does it have to be to qualify as trash?

Love Island territory or Married at First Sight. I find those shows unwatchable because they’re so over the top but First Dates incorporates a bit of humour without being trashy and is not a full blown faux-soap.

I think it helps we don’t see the pairings ever again after one episode. I’m not saying it’s the greatest TV show ever made but I wouldn’t class it as trash.

Fair enough. I agree. I’ve watched bits of First Date but couldn’t stay interested for long. I find those other shows completely unbearable though.

1 Like

Returns

Monday 18 June at 8:45pm

Auditions are now open for the fourth season. Closing on the 15th of April.

https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/FirstDates

1 Like

If Seven haven’t randomly scheduled the show everywhere for the past two years this show would probably still do alright in the ratings (heck, maybe even be Seven’s version of MAFS/Bachelor). Now it’s just dying in a hell hole.

2 Likes

Good!

Auditions are now open for people in the hospitality industry to work during the fourth season.

IIRC the first three seasons were filmed in a real restaurant in Sydney CBD. Looks like Seven has changed the tactic and made a temporary restaurant and recruited staff, similar to Hell’s Kitchen Australia.

1 Like