Federal Politics

Absolutely, advocating for survivors of child sexual abuse is neither left nor right, the pigeon holing of every issue as left or right is very unhelpful.

I’d politely disagree with this. Grace Tame is a survivor of child sexual abuse and has also been diagnosed with high functioning autism. Sometimes emotional and social cues just aren’t the same, to me it looked like she didn’t want to be there or at the very least a part of the Morrison Show™, but she turned up and participated anyway, probably couldn’t be stuffed putting the mask (not a covid ref) on and may well have felt threatened by Morrison having seen how he operates first hand and through the media. Remember this from Tame following her acceptance speech last year?

> Do you know what he (Morrison) said to me, right after I finished that speech and we’re in front of a wall of media? I shit you not, he leaned over and right in my ear he goes, ‘Well, gee, I bet it felt good to get that out’.”

The compassionate thing would be to give her some slack and get on with her life of doing good things.

5 Likes

Sorry, that’s rubbish.

Rudd brought it on himself, and the evidence shows that Gillard did do better than Rudd: She brought in a carbon price (which Rudd had thrown his hands up & stopped pursuing), initiated the child sexual abuse commission, passed more legislation through Parliament despite being a minority government, and when did the NDIS laws pass?

Nobody is perfect, and her big mistake was saying you could call the emissions trading scheme a carbon tax; it wasn’t a tax and the LNP eventually admitted so.

What did she do so bad to disappoint?

Not smiling at Morrison doesn’t come close to (then Opposition Leader) Abbott (with several of his colleagues) standing in front of a ‘Ditch the Witch’ sign. That’s real disrespect for the office of the PM.

The same ridiculous criticism would’ve been levelled at Tame if she had refused to show up, and we still don’t know what Morrison said to or how he behaved towards her before they stepped out in front of the cameras.
MPs from his own party have labelled him a bully, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d been quite rude or aggressive just beforehand.

Even suggesting that Tame has a personal issue with Morrison is twisting facts; her issue is clearly with his actions (and inactions) as PM (and minister and MP before that), particularly his response to the allegation of a rape in one of his minister’s offices. Rather than helping the victim, he covered it up.

On what planet? He’s ignored warnings of impending bushfire disasters, made so many announcements he’s never delivered on (including bushfire recovery funds which over a year later still weren’t spent), he keeps pushing off his (federal government) responsibilities onto the states (e.g. quarantine, and even who is allowed into the country), all the rorts, and the rest @Nick listed.
RoboDebt was illegal, the government were warned but persisted with the averaging income scheme, and it’s been proven they demanded money people didn’t owe.

What actual policies does he have?
How has he made life better?

Morrison is almost certainly the worst PM in living memory (Abbott was bad but imploded quickly).

PS: Sorry for coming back to this late & bringing it up again.

8 Likes

I see the media is still flogging the Grace Tame story to death.

I thought it wasn’t the most mature manner for an AOTY to act and I stand by that, but the media response has become very disproportionate, it was only a very minor thing in the grand scheme of things and I think the time is now well overdue for the media to back off on her and this story full stop.

2 Likes

Lol , believe what you want. Anyway I’m not going to read through all that post of,yours. I’ve posted my opinion and when there is no evidence in these types of cases the chances of a conviction are unlikely. A good mans reputation has been ruines by her so called claims. Anyway I’m not going to read any of more your post. Too long and way off the mark.

I’m not sure if you’re aware but the accused has been committed to face a criminal trial for rape. Clearly the federal police, DPP and magistrate feel there is enough evidence to proceed. Perhaps we just now wait for the trail later in the year?

1 Like

I suppose that might be a good idea.

Attitudes like this are why victims are afraid to come forward.

5 Likes

It’s a bit disappointing that you’re happy to say plenty but not read a reply, yet claim what I said is way off, even though you didn’t read it.

Being willing to leap to a negative conclusion on Tame but not Morrison shows you’re not looking at the facts equally (are you even trying to?).

1 Like

Whilst we’ve heard a lot of Albo v Morrison commentary when comparing the two potential Prime Ministers after the next election, we haven’t heard much about their ministers and potential cabinets.

In my opinion, Scott Morrison’s got a very good team supporting him in Josh Frydenberg, Greg Hunt (albeit he’s not contesting), Peter Dutton, Barnaby Joyce (despite him being a national), Karen Andrews etc. Do people here think that Labor’s MPs supporting Albo such as Chris Bowen, Tony Burke, Josh Burns, Jim Chalmers etc. would be competent enough for ministerial roles if Labor form government?

GREAT COVID ESCAPE: Taxpayers’ $37k bill for MP to avoid Vic lockdown:

This is satire right?

9 Likes

You think these people are good? What have they done that has been ‘good’ in their positions. Greg Hunt completely forgot he was responsible for aged care. Barnaby Joyce went to say people weren’t dying of covid on a day of when deaths were at one of their highest. Karen Andrews has been accused of bullying. And I don’t even want to get started on how useless Peter Dutton has been at trying to get Australians home.

And this isn’t even mentioning at other allegations and improper behaviour some of them have been involved in.

5 Likes

I’m not joking, I think that all the people I mentioned are highly competent. Frydenberg manages the economy well, Hunt has done a good job with the vaccinations given the circumstances, and Dutton is a brilliant defence minister who will stand up for Australia’s interests and is not afraid to say things as he sees it. I think they’re all much better than Scott Morrison.

Whilst some Labor shadow ministers have been ministers before in the Rudd/Gillard years, it’s been a while since then, who knows if they’re up to the task now.

Vote for them and find out.

Except a lot of the vaccinations were done by the state run hubs…

1 Like

Not sure how you can say that considering we are in our worst debt ever.

4 Likes

and what circumstances are they? his own incompetence? He blocked calls from pfizer while the rest of the world was banging down their doors.

Now that the state vs state battles from mid-year are largely over, i think people are going to direct their blame for lockdowns where it belongs, The federal govt for not procuring vaccines.

4 Likes

Hahaahhaahahahaha. Lord Voldemort is the most despicable human ever to grace the halls of parliament. I think your right wi by tainted glasses has destroyed your ability to analyze anything with an sense of credibility with these continually offensive and provocative statements.

3 Likes

I try to look at this from both sides. From what I understand the pfizer vaccine hadn’t been fully tested at that stage, and that pfizer were asking for a lot of money upfront. Yes, we could’ve (maybe should’ve) bought up big, but what if the pfizer vaccine wasn’t successful and we’d wasted millions of dollars on it? There was so much unknown back then.

2 Likes

I swear we are being trolled. And fall for it - e v e r y time.

4 Likes