Federal Election 2016 Media Coverage

Is this the end of Antony Green’s election computer shitting itself without fail at least once every time they do an election broadast?

4 Likes

Maxine McKew is a good get for 9!

At 7:30 on a Saturday? Yeah, nah.

That is, we are talking about Ten here…

what else could it be? It seems logically for it to be Offspring

Nine short promo

3 Likes

Just saw a promo for Seven’s coverage, and safe to say with a panel that includes Mark Latham, Alan Jones, and Mark Latham (dear god), I’ll be staying away from them like the plague. They clearly don’t care about credibility on Saturday, they’re even plugging the fact that they’re ‘controversial’. Just ew.

6 Likes

^ Having two Mark Lathams will make it unbearable to watch.

8 Likes

2016 Federal Election on Seven

Saturday 2 July at 5.00 pm AEST

Seven News to bring viewers unrivalled election coverage

Seven News special coverage of the 2016 Federal Election will be broadcast live from Channel Seven’s Martin Place studio in Sydney on Saturday from 5:00pm AEST.

Join Seven News political editor Mark Riley and senior correspondent Chris Reason for comprehensive and up-to-the-minute results as the country’s political heavyweights and commentators line up alongside each other in the most experienced election panel.

Australian radio broadcaster Alan Jones and former Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett will provide expert commentary, along with former Labor leader Mark Latham, Senator Jacqui Lambie, deputy leader of the Labor party Tanya Plibersek, and key numbers man Senator Sam Dastyari.

Seven News anchor Mark Ferguson and senior political correspondent Tim Lester will be reporting live from Sydney where Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull will be, and political reporters Marija Jovanovic and Nick Etchells will be in Melbourne with Bill Shorten.

Seven News will cross live throughout the night to reporters and politicians in more than 30 key battlegrounds across the country.

Election coverage will break on the main channel at 6pm AEST for a special 30-minute edition of Seven News hosted by Mark Ferguson.

Live election coverage will return to the main channel at 6.30pm AEST in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth - 7TWO in Melbourne and Adelaide - and will be commercial-free until a result is known.

Live rolling coverage of Your Vote Australia Decides 2016 will begin with the results and analysis of an exclusive 7News/ReachTEL exit poll of voters that day, and a separate exit poll targeting voter sentiment in two key marginal seats.

As voters reject MPs, we’ll eject them from the Departure Lounge. And who’ll win the race up the Tower of Power.

Your Vote Australia Decides 2016 airs on Saturday from 5.00pm AEST on Seven.

2 Likes

One of the most cringe-worthy promos I’ve seen; though that may have been the intention??

“We’ll eject the pollies you reject”…

“Who will conquer the tower of power?”

5 Likes

Jacqui Lambie, Mark Latham and Alan Jones?! Wow it’s just like The Verdict but only on another network…

4 Likes

What an obnoxious combination. So much hot air between that group.

11 Likes

So potentially Seven could be in a bit of financial difficulty if the result is anything like the last election that tooks days to resolve.

Perhaps it mimic the promises make by politicians.

5 Likes

And no sign of Mel Doyle involved in the coverage :confused:

3 Likes

Probably because she’ll be presenting Sydney’s 6pm news (presumably green-screen presentation for that?) on Saturday night. EDIT: Just read the press release in more detail and it seems that Seven will be hitting the “Mark Alert” button! * groan *

1 Like

Higher resolution promo uploaded - don’t think I’ll bother with new screen caps though. I recon the ejection seat could be useful for a couple of the panellists.

3 Likes

According to press release Mark will be presenting 6pm bulletin.

Oh my that promo…I am speechless… :confused:

1 Like

Vote for Seven. Vote for Seven.Vote for Seven. Vote for Seven. Vote for Seven. switches off

Couldn’t get any worse.

I was wrong.

9 Likes

What a horrendous promo!
Talk about making it a joke. That’s totally going to show their credibility… Oh wait…

If Mark Ferguson is hosting it, half the audience will either have fallen asleep or switched off based on the yelling of everyone trying to outdo each other.
Prepare for "ok… Let’s mov… Ok let’s move on… If I could just…"
Might as well just not have a host, won’t make a difference…

5 Likes

Based on the screencaps, I think Lego could have a copyright claim?

1 Like