Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Going by where they’ve opened in other states so far, probably the furthermost, most inconvenient place from Melbourne possible.

Using your theory, the first store could be in the northern or western outskirts of Melbourne.

1 Like

Just had a Domino’s oven roasted sandwich - not bad, could be a bit bigger.

Also, HJ’s should give NBL fans bigger buggers if someone f**ks up two free throws. :laughing: It’s not like they’re missing them left right and centre.

I’ll have to try them. They had a meatball sandwich when they first launched them years ago. Man that was good!

there first Australian store was at Brisbane airport.

but yeah i wouldn’t expect a store in the CBD anytime soon. in Brisbane redbank is miles from the city but it’s located on a block attached to a servo (but the restaurant is an independent building) with a krispy kreme bulding on the same block

No thanks

2 Likes

How many stores have they opened against how many they said they would?

Wow neither did I. You learn something new every day.

I think they would be smart to put them in places outside any key Melbourne city or shopping location areas. I think that places like petrol stopping stations on highways leading out of Melbourne and in country towns would be a smart business model. If people see another takeaway burger place in Melbourne they probably wouldn’t bother but if you are out for a drive and see it as something different you might be more likely to stop for them. My memory of Carls Jr in the US is similar too… I mostly saw them when I was out for drives rather than in cities or populated areas.

The impression that I get is that they’re trying to position themselves as a place that you go to, rather than a place that you stop at on the way to somewhere.

1 Like

Yeah - the meatball was my go to thing to get at Dominos - especially given how bad their pizzas were at the time. Will have to see if they are as good as they used to be.

I’ll also add - I really like their Thickshakes - though really expensive for what you get, they are really good. I’d get them more often if they were a few bucks cheaper.

2 Likes

2nd actually. Bateau Bay was the first.

1 Like

US burger giant In-N-Out had a pop-up store in Melbourne today by taking over the Lover restaurant on Chapel Street. It sold out of burgers within 30 minutes of opening

1 Like

Love to know what their plan is, opening pop ups would not be profitable, not are $5 burgers (US is cheap given their pathetic wages) testing the market perhaps?

Meanwhile I bet there’s better burgers at most local f n c shops.

My local fish and chip shop’s idea of a coffee is Blend 43. No way I would trust them with a burger

2 Likes

Queensland right? Never found a decent fish shop on my travels there.

2 Likes

There’s a good one at Dutton Park, just off the train station on Annerley Road. It’s a bit further to go for me but it’s fucking excellent. Even the burgers are great.

One theory:

2 Likes

Those shops that sell Coles brand or Wollies brand water must be rebels. Looks so tacky.

2 Likes

The Manly Daily’s Jon Geddes tried the new Donkey Huoshao burger at Huoshao King Chinese restaurant at Manly Vale, and loved it. 8/10.