Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Takeaway giant Menulog has axed jobs at its Sydney head office as global cost-cutting in the food delivery sector, a market darling during the era of COVID-19 lockdowns, gathers pace.

A Menulog spokeswoman would not disclose how many jobs were eliminated, but said a “small number of roles” were made redundant as part of a global restructure of Just Eat Takeaway’s customer operations team.

…Voly, a local start-up that did rapid grocery deliveries, formally calling in administrators on November 21.

1 Like

Did some-body say re-dund-ancy?

12 Likes

Yes, are MediaSpy offering any?! :grin:

I took one from my job earlier this year,

1 Like

Katy Perry not doing it for Menulogs?

3 Likes

This wouldn’t have happened if they’d kept Snoop Dogg :sob:

5 Likes

As shown on Sunrise this morning, Chicken Treat has opened its first Sydney store at the Eastern Creek Quarter shopping centre in the city’s outer west.

2 Likes

Interesting that KFC and Hungry Jack’s in Rockingham are about a 1km apart. In 2007, KFC was forced to close after the licencing agreement between Jack Cowin’s Competitive Foods and Yum expired.

Yum then set up their own store in Rockingham City Shopping Centre which has since closed. Collins Foods then bought out all the WA stores and the original KFC store is open again.

Chicken Treat has had previous attempts with stores outside Western Australia. They had a handful in Adelaide in the late 90’s early 2000’s then a couple of stores in regional QLD.

I didn’t know this! So the store is back at the old beachfront location?

*Eastern Creek Quarter Chicken and Chips shopping centre

3 Likes

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:3455, topic:336”]
Chicken Treat has opened its first Sydney store at the Eastern Creek Quarter shopping centre in the city’s outer west.
[/quote]The Crunchified Chicken is really great and the chips are pretty top-notch as well. I haven’t had KFC in a long time but i’d rate the Chicken Treat crunchified chicken over the standard KFC original recipe.

1 Like

Eastern Creek just moved a lot further west…now to add some quokkas to the area around Prospect Reservoir.

1 Like

Well, at some point after taking that photo, the day finally came. The last remaining 1990s and 2000s signage has been removed:

Goodnight, sweet prince. :pensive:

4 Likes

I’d love to know what whichever marketing firm they hired were thinking when they created that non-logo. AND how much they were paid.

It’s so abstract and minimalist it’s lost all meaning.

I actually like the logo, but they didn’t rebrand all that long ago, seems like a waste.

Hopefully they chose a different contractor this time around for signage, all the old signage faded so badly in only a matter of a few years.

5 Likes

I don’t mind the logo. I think it’s quite clever how the two Rs depict the face of a Rooster. Not sure if the typeface pairs well though.

7 Likes
1 Like

So why do these companies stay in business when they are bleeding so much money? Where do they get the money? Are banks stupidly funding them when they are only going backwards?

1 Like

Rideshare and food delivery is largely funded by venture capitalists, who were convinced that self driving vehicles / robots / drones were just around the corner and would make all these services massively profitable.

So far that’s not the case and the likes of Uber and others continue to burn hundreds of millions, if not billions of cash a year.

3 Likes

I find it hard to believe that Uber Eats isn’t profitable with the amount they charge merchants. 30 percent on top plus the surcharge and delivery fees. Plus the fees for being a sponsored restaurant.

3 Likes

Deliveroo had the same fee structure and as reported above, losses were over a hundred million in Australia alone.

Uber has booked almost $20bn in losses across the entire company since 2019.

3 Likes