Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

That’s been on trial in the ACT and Q-Town for at least twelve months. Perhaps being rolled out further if Johnson’s post is any indication?

The television commercial for it is pretty annoying. Baristas hand crafting every cup :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Can’t be any worse than the current McDonald’s ad.

2 Likes

I will not a hear a bad word about the pure acting brilliance that emanates from the drive thru worker when she finally works out what the go is

6 Likes

There’s one on Parramatta Road at Five Dock that’s been there for months as well. All it seems to be is they’ve trained the staff to use a manual espresso machine. It isn’t like McCafe where there are other pastries and cafe style things to enjoy.

I personally don’t mind automatic espresso machine coffee, and I think it’s probably a step in the wrong direction for HJ’s - they should really just stick to good value greasy fast food rather than trying to go upmarket like McDonald’s has.

2 Likes

5 Likes

In response to a Pancakes on the Rocks advertisement.

The menu is rather large, and the ad only showed a couple of plates, so I wouldn’t judge it on that old ad. I found this video on YouTube, from a family who ate at the Northmead location in January.

1 Like

I have actually found a picture of that vanilla glazed donut burger I was talking about. It uses the donuts in lieu of buns:

The fillings are beef, bacon, macaroni and cheese and chocolate sauce.

1 Like

I’m dry retching. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

The perfect heart attack burger.

Looks like @Radiohead’s favourite burger joint isn’t immune to the madness:

Not my cup of tea either.

Give me traditional buns any day.

2 Likes

I’ve got your buns right here, buddy.

1 Like

Those burgers with the Krispy Kreme-esque glazed doughnuts in lieu of a traditional bun should come with both a health warning and bucket!

2 Likes

I think the proliferation of these ‘frankenburgers’ is probably a po-mo hipster’s ironic commentary on what not to eat. Insta-likes as someone said before are another factor.

I too prefer the classic Aussie style milk bar burgers.

3 Likes

KFC have bought back their Zinger Mozzarella burger. Better get in quick though, limited time until September 7.

1 Like

Too much cheese I think.

My mild lactose intolerance won’t like this! :joy:

1 Like

“I’m lactose intolerant, I can’t eat any cheese”

1 Like

Pretty much hahahaha. Doesn’t stop me but. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not only that, but the double is back.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be operating room.

1 Like