Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

so… we planning a mediaspy meetup?

1 Like

The Vegemite Boost has bananas and dates, two of the fruits I don’t like to eat, so I have to give it a pass.

I dont really think it’s the fruits you need to worry about :thinking:

1 Like

I assume it’ll taste similar to the vegemite Cadbury chocolate, ergo a slightly more bitter salted caramel. Bananas and dates would mask it quite a lot though I imagine.

The only Vegemite I eat is on toast.

4 Likes

And the occasional cheesymite scroll here!!

1 Like

But you’d be drinking them

1 Like

KFC is experimenting vegetarian fried chicken in its UK stores.

Soy-based fake meat always tastes like stodgy nothing.

3 Likes

I trust that we all know what going to KFC for a vegetarian meal or McDonalds for a salad is comparable to? I’d say it again, but not sure whether it’s appropriate for these forums!

There are restaurants out there that definitely have their fake meat game down, but I feel KFC would have to really try hard to win over that market. Not to mention a signifcant percentage of vegans would steer clear of KFC regardless as they (even though it may not be relevant to the Australian business) don’t have the greatest animal rights record.

1 Like

Last time I checked, the Veggie Whopper wasn’t a particularly rousing sales success…despite it being available at every Hungry Jacks in Australia.

It’s always had a big fat disclaimer on it claiming that it’s not 100% vegetarian (let alone vegan). It mustn’t cost anything for HJs to have the patties lying around for it.

Cooked on the same hotplates as the beef whoppers?

2 Likes

its the cheese that has rennet in. If you get it without cheese it is vegetarian. The burger pattie is deep fried not grilled.

Hj’s dont use ‘hotplates’. They flame grill on a chain through a broiler.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the limited edition Big Mac special sauce in a bottle is now available on request at McDonald’s for $5. Here is the back label.

1 Like

I guess they realised $12 was a bit over the top?

1 Like

Nice shoes bud

1 Like

WHAT
ARE
THOOOOOOOOOOSE

/deadmeme pls ban me

4 Likes