Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Ha, haven’t ever had it by glass actually. Might be something to put on the list.

Coke ginger ew. I’ll give it a try though :joy: Normal classic coke is still the best :v:.

Coke Ginger I think will appeal to a particular market. It’s very hipster sounding. I went out on the weekend and got a cider at one bar and was asked if I wanted “Ginger and ice” in the glass. I think they are aiming for that sort of market.

1 Like

Yep…Gingers.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s very clever. :expressionless::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

news.com.au has looked at the label and found out that there is no ginger in Coca-Cola Ginger.

1 Like

Is that so odd? It’s all flavouring right?

1 Like

The McDonald’s store at Glen Waverley (corner of High Street and Springvale Roads) has been rebuilt and is now being decorated. I think it will open next week in time for McHappy Day on November 12.

EDIT: the store officially reopened today (November 7). There are three drive-in windows on the west side of the building (the old store had only single window on the south side). You order and pay your food at the first window, and collect them at one of the other two windows.

Pie Face collapses again.

Jim Delligatti, who invented Big Mac in 1967 as a McDonald’s franchisee, has died aged 98.

Little wonder that this and many other pie shops aren’t going so well. Went into a local pie shop on Thursday (not Pie Face, last time I had it the pie struggled to stay in one piece) and a pie cost $5.30…you can get a pie of similar quality from Woolworths for 1/4 of the price and nuke it for 3 minutes.

1 Like

About the only take away pies I find that are good are ones from bakeries - a really good crust does more for a pie than anything the filling can do at that kind of price point.

better to get something more filling like KFC, McDonalds and Hungry Jack’s than to waste money on pies. Time you buy a pie, maybe chips and a drink it comes to the same price.

I got sick eating that back in 2008, needed the :wc: for days, so I will never eat it again. :smiling_imp:’s food!!

1 Like

unlucky :frowning:

I went up to the Gold Coast for a friends wedding about 8 years ago.

The night before the wedding, we went out for a few drinks, and I stopped for a kebab on the way back to the hotel afterwards.

Well, the kebab made me so sick that I missed the entire wedding the next day!

I now call it the $700 kebab (cost of flights and accommodation) and have NEVER eaten one since!

For real? KFC, McDonalds and Hungry Jacks are pretty disgusting and cost a lot more for a meal than a pie would. I also don’t know anyone who eats chips with a pie. If you get a pie you would probably just get a pie (and maybe a coffee depending on what time of day it is).

Personally I didn’t mind pie face. I don’t eat many takeaways but after a big night out I would much prefer them to other fast food chains.

1 Like

I was up in Brisbane on the weekend so made sure I gave the Carls Jnr at the airport a go. I think I actually preferred it here to when I had it in the US earlier this year. I remember the US one being greasy and feeling a bit gross after it, but the burger I had here was really good.

i quite enjoy Carl’s Jr. i just wish they would get a surburban outlet as it costs so much to park at the airport

The Carls Jr at Bateau Bay north of Sydney makes the best burgers, worth the 1.5 hr trip I reckon.