Farmer Wants a Wife

Matthew Eric Goyder, who featured in the 2016 series of the show, was arrested early last year after chatting online, using the name PilbaraBoy90, with a woman who — unbeknown to him — was an undercover police officer.

Goyder’s lawyer, Sam Vandongen SC, told the West Australian District Court his client had been suffering from mental illness — including anxiety and depression — from a young age.

Mr Vandongen submitted that Goyder’s decision to appear on the reality show in 2016, at a time when he was unwell, showed some level of dysfunction in his life.

Goyder was released on bail to live with his family until his case returns to court next month, when he may be sentenced.

Farmer Sam met his now wife Katelen, a Townsville-based mother-of-one, after last year’s dramatic season finale.

In a surprising Farmer Wants A Wife finale twist, fans were delighted to learn Farmer Sam had found love after having his heart broken on the show and leaving early due to the tragic passing of his grandfather.

1 Like

Farmer Wants A Wife is back

Real love is back and burning bright in 2021 with an exciting new season of Seven’s hit series, Farmer Wants A Wife.

Five new hard-working Aussie farmers are set to begin their quest for love in the hope that their first kiss leads to “I do!”

Farmer Matt (26, Orbost, Victoria), Farmer Andrew (30, Delegate, NSW), Farmer Sam (24, Canowindra, NSW), Farmer Will (39, Longwood, Victoria) and Farmer Rob (40, Snowy Mountains, NSW) were all born for life on the land, but agree there’s one thing missing; a soul mate to share it all with.

From thousands of single women who saw their profiles online, our Farmers will choose eight ladies to meet, before inviting five of them back to their beloved farm.

This season’s road to love will be even more romantic, with dream overnight dates, luxury country getaways and spectacular group get-togethers, setting the stage for life-changing love stories to blossom. But will romance be enough for the reality of life on the farm?

With 99 marriages and 225 beautiful farmer babies worldwide, Farmer Wants A Wife, hosted by Natalie Gruzlewski, is the world’s most successful dating show. Don’t miss 2021’s greatest love story, coming soon.

1 Like

Seven should also do Farmer wants a Husband since there is also female Farmers out there.

Farmers are not just males mind you

2 Likes

And how about a gay farmer?

Or maybe there are some farmers that want a pet.

Farmer Wants a Cow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s illegal. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely all for commercial TV being more representative and inclusive of the LGBTIQ+ community. But are spots on tacky reality programs really the sort of media representation that gay (or lesbian, bisexual, transgender, etc.) people want?

This is a really bad take.

I don’t like these sorts of reality programs either but I don’t think their “tackyness” should be used as an excuse not to potentially create inclusive spin-offs.

1 Like

Fair point, although surely there are better ways of having the non-heterosexual community represented on Australian TV?

I’m just trying to look at things from the perspective of someone who’s in a minority of Australians (the autistic) which probably gets even less respect from this country’s mainstream media than the LGBTIQ+ community does…but that lengthy discussion is for another time and topic.

They should be able to slip in a lesbian easily without changing the title or format. Straight women and gay male farmers would be more difficult.

9 had female farmers but every comment about it was about the awkwardness of the shows’ title.

1 Like

As a gay man, it would just be nice to follow a “familiar” love story.
They did attempt “Playing it Straight” at one point, but that format was tacky I feel. Made being gay a “game”.

2 Likes

So why would you bother with any reality show?

Why wouldn’t I?

Because reality shows are not realistic anyway.

Farmer Sam is ready to wed

Canowindra farmer’s search for love on Farmer Wants A Wife

Five new, hard-working Aussie farmers are about to begin their quest for love as the new season of Australia’s #1 dating show, Farmer Wants A Wife, returns to Seven.

Farmer Sam, 25, from Canowindra, NSW, is hoping to find real love the old-fashioned way after trying his luck with a dating app only to match three ladies in a 150 kilometre radius – and find out one was his next-door neighbour.

The middle child of seven siblings, family is everything to sheep and crop farmer Sam. Raised on the family farm, he hopes to watch his future children grow up on the same lush pastures he did.

The keen horseman is looking to build a future with a fun, loving and intelligent woman who has a great sense of humour and shares his passion for farming and adventure.

“I haven’t found love yet. I’m the only single one in the family,” says Farmer Sam, who insists trust is a must-have in any relationship. “When you go to family events, they say ‘Are you bringing anyone’ and I say ‘Nup, just myself!’.”

The road to love is never easy, and the gravity of making the wrong decision is not lost on Farmer Sam, who will welcome five ladies to his beloved farm in a bid to get to know them better. “The thought of sending your potential wife home is terrifying,” admits Farmer Sam, who will romance his chosen ladies with dream overnight dates and luxury country getaways.

Get ready for a brand new crop of Farmers on their search for the one. Farmer Wants A Wife , the world’s most successful dating show is coming soon to Channel 7.

Farmer Andrew finds love

Delegate sheep farmer head over heels

Farmer Andrew has found love on the new season of Australia’s #1 dating show, Farmer Wants A Wife.

The world’s most successful dating show has struck again and, for at least one farmer, the dream has come true. I came here to do one thing, and I did it. I fell in love,” announces the smitten farmer.

Describing himself as a laid-back, genuine guy who doesn’t shy away from a good time, the 30-year-old sheep farmer from Delegate, New South Wales, is now one step closer to realising his dreams of raising a family on the farm.

An unmissable love story is on the way, but one question remains: who has stolen the heart of the cheeky, footy-loving farmer?

Is it retail store manager, Ashleigh (Queensland, 28), community relations manager, Jess (Melbourne, 27) or social worker Rachael (New South Wales, 30)?

While the identity of Farmer Andrew’s new love remains a secret, it’s no secret what Farmer Andrew values in a relationship, “I’m a glass-half-full type of guy. I like to be optimistic about life. I enjoy a good chat and plenty of laughs.”

With 170 marriages, one long-term relationship and 387 beautiful farmer babies worldwide, Farmer Wants A Wife is the world’s most successful dating show. In Australia alone, the series has resulted in nine marriages, one long-term relationship and 23 babies.

Get ready, Australia’s favourite bush fairy-tale is about to begin as five new, hard-working Aussie farmers embark on their quest for everlasting love on Farmer Wants A Wife . Coming soon to Channel 7.

Can this sheepish farmer find love?

Meet Longwood’s Farmer Will, the love-shy adrenaline junkie

It’s almost time for five new, hard-working Aussie farmers to embark on their quest for everlasting love when Australia’s #1 dating show, Farmer Wants A Wife, returns to Channel Seven.

Meet Farmer Will, the sheep and cattle farmer from Longwood, Victoria. He’s an honest and energetic, down-to-earth bloke who loves a party but also likes his downtime. Growing up on a 1500-acre cattle farm, the extreme sports lover has travelled the world, but dreams of returning to the family farm to raise a family of his own.

Will prefers outdoors to indoors, loves the company of animals – over some people – and likes to cook. He says he has everything he could want for: a beautiful farm and an amazing family. All he needs is a soulmate to share it with.

“Love to me is everything. They write songs about it, they write poems about it,” says the 39 year-old. “Two of my friends, Rob and Jo, met on Farmer and they’re happily married. They have three lovely children. If they can find the one, hopefully, so can I.”

There’s one slight hitch on Will’s path to love. "I can be a bit shy around women I like. I’m usually the guy hidden in the corner keeping to himself,” he says.

Will this shy guy give romance a chance long enough for true love to spark? “I’d be ecstatic to find the love of my life,” says Will.

With 170 marriages, one long-term relationship and 387 beautiful farmer babies worldwide, Farmer Wants A Wife is the world’s most successful dating show. In Australia alone, the series has resulted in nine marriages, one long-term relationship and 23 babies.