Family Food Fight

With the rather poor ratings that Family Food Fight got for it’s 1st season, I personally think the 2nd season should be airing on a multichannel.

2 Likes

Too expensive for just a multi-channel. They’re hoping they can tweak it into a hit but I have my doubts. It relies on good casting but I imagine it would be hard to find four family members who can cook and are great on television.

3 Likes

Nine are just desperate to find a cooking format. Perhaps they should just stick away from that market and try something different.

4 Likes

Yeah. They also had that aborted attempt at relaunching Come Dine With Me Australia.

Sounds like they’re trying to turn it into MKR which could lead to legal action again?

The family theme was the strong point I felt.

1 Like

If that’s the only change they’ll probably get away with it. Hot Plate had some more obvious similarities to MKR than just the team size.

I don’t understand it, though. Apart from the stronger family theme with four, the sort of challenges they had last time work better with four, and the judges spying on them will have less to talk about during the cooking with fewer contestants. Sounds really dumb to me.

2 Likes

If they’re getting rid of the family part, should it just be called Food Fight then? No different to MKR featuring brother/sister or parent/child duo’s.

Eh why do I care, I don’t watch this shit.

3 Likes

I imagine the main reason for the change would be so that they get more applicants. Having a greater talent pool to choose from might work in the show’s favour long term.

KFC’s acting chief marketing officer Annabel Fribence today labelled Family Food Fight “a disaster” and the brand didn’t get the audience reach. KFC sponsored the show last year. I wonder if the team change from 4 people to 2 is related to this?

I don’t recall a sponsor publicly trashing a show so forcefully before. Does KFC sponsor anything else on Nine? It can’t be helpful doing business in future.

KFC sponsored Nine’s cricket coverage for the past 2-3 seasons.

Okay, I guess, as Nine’s customer, they feel they can say what they like because Nine will always welcome their money regardless.

1 Like

KFC’s chicken is also “a disaster”.

2 Likes

:boxing_glove: *** Zinger ***

3 Likes

US network ABC has bought the format and commissioned a 8-part series. It will be hosted by restaurateur and cookbook author Ayesha Curry and produced by Endemol Shine North America.

Filming began this week on season 2, according to today’s Herald Sun. Judge Tom Parker Bowles will stay in Melbourne for two months for the shoot.

PRODUCTION BEGINS ON SECOND HELPING OF FAMILY FOOD FIGHT

Production commenced this week on Nine’s returning feel good cooking competition, Family Food Fight.

With an all-new look, eight food-loving families from across the country will go head-to-head in the kitchen in the quest to find Australia’s No. 1 food family for 2018.

The series will put the families through their culinary paces as they vie for the $100,000 prizemoney. The stakes are high in Season Two, where only the best cooking will be rewarded. The pressure will be on from the get-go to deliver, or risk elimination.

Teams might be siblings, mothers and sons or husbands and wives, who will cook to impress acclaimed chef and restaurateur Matt Moran, mohawked pastry chef Anna Polyviou, and internationally renowned food writer and critic Tom Parker Bowles.

Nine’s Head of Content Production and Development, Adrian Swift, said: “After a passionate culinary showdown the Shahrouk sisters became Australia’s Number One Food Family in 2017. In season two we’ll be introducing a raft of different food challenges, from a celebrity dinner to catching fresh seafood, all sure to make temperatures rise and inspire even more home cooks around the country.”

Family Food Fight has quality home cooking at its heart and captures the essence of what brings families together at meal times and celebrations. A whole new intensity this season will see families going over and above their cooking skills in order to claim the coveted top spot.

Family Food Fight, an Endemol Shine Australia original format developed with Nine, will be broadcast on multiple nights across several weeks later in 2018.

Argentinian broadcaster Telefe has picked up the format for Family Food Fight, with a local version due to air later this year, with Endemol Shine Latino handling production.