Family Food Fight

You already know too much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You’re not planning on watching this crud as well, are you? :wink:

Nine are launching their promotion blitz for Family Food Fight during The Block tonight.

May be going into summer territory, which is good if true. Nice to have local content into December.

Thanks for the warning :slight_smile:

I’d say it will screen straight after The Block to the end of ratings season.

Just saw the promo, reminds me of Restaurant Revolution. Let’s hope it suffers the same fate.

3 Likes

This looks great.

My friends went to the food truck challenge in Thornbury a couple of months ago. They said the food was average.

Looks better than I thought it would. I think this might rate quite well.

As much as I really hope Family Food Fight tanks in the ratings for Nine (afterall, how many more cooking-based reality shows do we really need on our screens?), I actually wouldn’t be surprised if it manages to rate reasonably well - particularly if it’s only a short series.

3 Likes

Nine are apparently confident in it.

Family Food Fight

Premieres Monday 30 October at 7.30pm

The very best in Australian home cooking will be showcased when Family Food Fight premieres Monday, October 30, at 7.30pm on Channel Nine.

Six food-loving Aussie families will go head-to-head in the kitchen in the battle for supremacy, but only one will walk away with the title of Australia’s Number One Food Family.

In challenges containing a range of family staples and varied cuisine for the competition’s esteemed judges, these families of four will be dishing up all-time favourite feasts. They will all cook the food we at home love to eat. They’ll be catering for special occasions too, feeding an array of special guests, and recreating tried and true recipes from some of Australia’s best chefs.

Acclaimed chef and restaurateur Matt Moran is Family Food Fight’s lead judge, assisted by high-energy, mohawked uber-pastry chef Anna Polyviou, and popular foodie and cookbook author, Hayden Quinn. They will watch on from behind the scenes and comment on the families’ cooking style and prowess before diving in to taste and judge each delicious dish. Internationally renowned food writer and critic Tom Parker Bowles also joins the team as a judge, adding considerable clout with his finely tuned palate.

Tapping into each family’s unique culture, along with their countless culinary influences, Family Food Fight is rich in tradition and home-style cooking. At its heart are sumptuous meals and family recipes that have been shared down the generations. The focus is on accessible meals and aspirational home cooking that will inspire budding home cooks across the nation to don their aprons and get into the kitchen together.

With a mix of fast-paced cooking fun, heaped helpings of good humour and healthy rivalries (plus a few fireworks) the competition will capture each family’s dynamic: mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, grandparents, kids, husbands and wives, all cooking their hearts out as they strive to claim the coveted top spot and take home the $100,000 prize.

Pitted against each other, but united by the universal language of food, our six teams will pull together as only families can, cooking with tender loving care to bring Family Food Fight to life.

Woolworths, KFC and Simply Energy are the show’s sponsors. Most of the show was filmed at Royal Melbourne Showgrounds not far from the MasterChef kitchen (Centenary Pavilion).

Flop or Hit?

I’ll sway Flop. Ads are annoying me.

The promo says four nights a week for four weeks. Are they worried about people not wanting to commit to another long drawn-out reality show?

Nine has the ARIA Awards on the last Tuesday of November, so it would rather finish FFF one week early.

Going to take the 3rd option - in between. Not sure if it’ll get the 800k Nine wants it to but it’s not up against much so it might do reasonably well. The only ‘real’ competition it might have is The Wall but you can argue both ways as to how it’ll go

2 Likes

Liken it to Zumbo’s Just Desserts?

New and short?

Rated fairly well. 1m+ on debut and dropped to hover around 700k.

Nine would probably be happy with that.

Though I expect FFF to do poorer.