F*!#ing Adelaide

F*!#ing Adelaide

From Sunday 15 July at 9.25pm (double episodes)

''A story of the tug and pull of hometowns that hasn’t been told before on Australian television’ The Guardian
‘This series has style and spunk to spare’ The Daily Review

PAMELA RABE I KATE BOX I TILDA COBHAM-HERVEY I BRENDAN MACLEAN

The spectacularly short, sharp and hilarious series F*!#ing Adelaide is set to air on ABC TV from July 15 at 9.25pm with two back to back episodes each week. The series is currently on ABC iview as part of the June/July drama binge, alongside Mystery Road and Killing Eve.

A 6 x 15’ comedy drama told from 6 different perspectives, the series is a hilarious and refreshing dark comedy about family, life and small towns. When the matriarch (Pamela Rabe) of an unconventional family decides to sell the family home, she provokes existential crises in her children as they return to Adelaide to say farewell to where they grew up.

Featuring a talented ensemble cast including current Logie and Helpmann nominees Pamela Rabe (Wentworth) and Kate Box (Rake), singer/songwriter and gay icon Brendan Maclean and rising international star Tilda Cobham-Hervey (52 Tuesdays, The Kettering Incident) and Audrey Mason Hyde, F*!#ing Adelaide is a witty, affectionate and heartbreaking series that explores the relationship dynamics across siblings; parents, partners and friends with brilliant laugh-out-loud moments and wonderful intimate moments of reflection.

F*!#ing Adelaide World Premiered to a sold out cinema audience at the ADL Film Fest in October and had its International Premiere in competition at France’s prestigious Series Mania in May.

A Closer Productions series, F*!#ing Adelaide is directed by Sophie Hyde, whose internationally acclaimed feature film 52 Tuesdays was a winner at both Berlin and Sundance film festivals. Closer’s other TV production includes the successful 3-part arts series Hannah Gadsby’s OZ (ABC TV) and hybrid dance/drama/documentary I Want to Dance Better at Parties (Dendy Award, Sydney Film Festival).

World Premiere - Adelaide Film Festival 2017

International premiere - Series Mania, France, short forms competition

Its been on iView for weeks. Different and good performances but I wasn’t fond and couldn’t get to end.