Exposure

ALICE ENGLERT, ESSIE DAVIS AND THOMAS WEATHERALL TO STAR IN THE BOLD STAN ORIGINAL SERIES EXPOSURE

Featuring an incredible ensemble cast including Mia Artemis, Sean Keenan, Ewen Leslie, George Mason and Christian Byers, the Stan Original Series Exposure will premiere in 2024.

Alice Englert

Stan, Australia’s unrivalled home of original productions, today announced the cast of the Stan Original Series Exposure. Starring Alice Englert (Beautiful Creatures, Top of the Lake, The Serpent), Exposure is a six-episode raw psychological thriller.

Created and written by Lucy Coleman (Hot Mess) and Directed by Bonnie Moir (Love Me season 2), the Stan Original Series Exposure follows photographer Jacs Gould (Alice Englert) who returns to her hometown of Port Kembla after the death of her friend to discover the hidden secrets of their relationship and the truth behind the tragedy.

Believing the corrosive actions of a man pushed her friend over the edge, Jacs throws herself out as bait, beginning an investigation that becomes an obsessive, impulsive pursuit. Channelling her actions through sex and the darkroom, Jacs’s search for answers becomes a turbulent, unruly quest into the depths of processing present day grief whilst reckoning with the past.

Alice Englert as Jacs Gould
Alice Englert as Jacs Gould

The ensemble cast includes Essie Davis (Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, Lambs of God, Stan Original > Films Nitram and True History of the Kelly Gang), Mia Artemis (Sweet Tooth, The Secrets She Keeps, Anyone But You), Thomas Weatherall (Heartbreak High, RFDS), Sean Keenan (Stan Original Series Bali 2002, The Power of the Dog), Ewen Leslie (Stan Original Series Prosper, The Stranger), George Mason (The Power of the Dog, Dirt Music), Christian Byers (Stan Original Series Bump and Year Of), David Howell (Last Days of the Space Age, One Night), Thom Green (Dance Academy, Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn), Domino McCathrion (The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart), Victoria Haralabidou (Stan Original Series The Tourist, The Secrets She Keeps), and Daniel Frederiksen (Upright, The Dry).

Stan Chief Content Officer Cailah Scobie said: “We are so proud to share a narrative as honest and thought-provoking as Exposure. Led by an incredible cast of Australian talent, and filmed in Port Kembla and Sydney, we are excited to be working with the production company Thirdborn, alongside writer and creator Lucy Coleman and director Bonnie Moir."

Writer and creator Lucy Coleman said:Exposure was born from wanting to elevate a lived experience, an aching paradox, into a thrilling, propulsive, energetic and entertaining genre show - the mystery thriller. A show that could shine a light on this murky, confusing person I became for a large chapter of my life, that I know will be familiar to so many. My ethos as a filmmaker since day one has been to create raw and challenging stories that allow women to feel seen and I’m incredibly grateful for Nicole, Shaun, Justin and Stan’s support in bringing this project to life.”

Alice Englert said: “The story of Exposure had a massive effect on me. I felt so seen by Lucy’s world. It was tender, unflinching, exciting and warm. Jacs is a savage softie, morally dubious, courageously charging into chaos, full of love, hurt and a deep desire for answers. I was totally attracted to the mystery and its truly unexpected unravelling. I am in awe of the cast, crew and creatives in every part of this project that made the telling of it so meaningful and I feel incredibly grateful to have been able to explore Jacs and Lucy’s world with them. I can’t wait for this intense, funny and heart breaking story to be shared.”

Director Bonnie Moir said:Exposure offers a deeply human story with a unique character at its heart. I was instantly drawn to this oscillation between light and dark and the opportunity to build a visual world that is dynamic, impulsive and thrilling. It’s such a pleasure to work alongside the incredible Thirdborn team.”

Producer Nicole O’Donohue said: “We really wanted to help shape and develop a project that celebrates the enormous new wave of talent that’s coming through in Australia and Exposure delivers on all fronts. It’s been incredible to see the combined talent of Lucy Coleman’s bold voice, the dynamic and authentic directing style of Bonnie Moir and phenomenal talent of our lead, Alice Englert unfold. Supported by our amazing ensemble cast, Alice leads you through this nuance of tragedy, heartache, humour and love that is incredibly moving and evocative. We’re so proud of this series and are grateful to Stan who share the same desire to champion our local creatives and industry at large.”

L-R: Director Bonnie Moir, Producer Nicole O’Donohue, Creator Lucy Coleman, and Lead Alice Englert
L-R: Director Bonnie Moir, Producer Nicole O’Donohue, Creator Lucy Coleman, and Lead Alice Englert

The Stan Original Series Exposure is written and created by Lucy Coleman (Hot Mess) and directed by Bonnie Moir (Love Me season 2). The series is produced by Nicole O’Donohue (Love Me, Frayed), with Justin Kurzel (Stan Original Films Nitram), and Shaun Grant (Stan Original Films Nitram). Exposure is produced by Thirdborn for Stan. Major production investment from Screen Australia and Stan. Financed with support from Screen NSW. International sales by All3Media International. Post, digital and visual effects supported by Screen NSW. Stan Executive Producers are Cailah Scobie and Donna Chang.

The Stan Original Series Exposure will premiere in 2024.

1 Like