End of the Motorola brand

As per http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/01/07/lenovo-will-retire-the-motorola-brand-in-favor-of-just-moto/ it appears that Lenovo are going to ditch the Motorola brand in favour of a Moto by Lenovo brand. Batwing logo still to be used.

The first two phones I owned were Motorola phones. I was pretty annoyed when Google sold to Lenovo but not so annoyed now. Shame the brand has ended though.

Maybe for phones, but Motorola are still very big in mobile radio networks and two-way communication. We just upgraded our whole fleet to Motorola digital radios.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens overall as Motorola Trademark Holdings lease the brand to third parties to make products as well. Telstra are currently marketing a Motorola landline phone which I imagine will continue as it has nothing to do with Lenovo.

1 Like

I owned a Motorola V3 Razr. This particular model was able to sync with iTunes. Gosh, those were the days.:smile:

1 Like

My Moto G5 Plus is now over two years old. It has served me well, or rather … initially it was garbage, really slow with apps and the camera crashing, but a couple of Moto and Android updates stabilised it. The screen and the battery are now slowly dying, but I’m going to hold off replacing it until the Samsung Galaxy S11 Plus arrives next year.