Early Evening Game shows

I’ll take ‘Fun’ for $200.

2 Likes

@OnAir I have found an article courtesy of Stuff journalist Emily Brookes. In September 2019 she wrote about bringing New Zealand’s game shows back to life. Like Wheel of Fortune, Sale of the Century and It’s in the Bag, all with a fresh new look and new hosts.

Cutting down on reality television and taking viewers back to an era of light entertainment are very important. What do you think?

2 Likes

In 2018, there was talk that Ten wanted to bring back Sale of the Century. Sadly, nothing came of it.

1 Like

@Tane04 Back in New Zealand, my dream television network is on the cards and my intention is to bring back Sale of the Century with a fresh new look and new hosts. The revival would be produced in Auckland at South Pacific Pictures’ Henderson base, and the set and graphics would be identical to the 2000/01 era with Glenn Ridge as host and Karina Brown as hostess.

1 Like

that set was horrid and looked super cheap.

1 Like

@TheMoreYouKnow thought that viewers didn’t like the set, although times have changed.

1 Like

I would love this. But like the article says, it has to be done right and not ‘Price is Right-ed’ like 7 did.

4 Likes

So Ten have given up on News for the 6pm slot again?

1 Like

@JBar that article is from 2018. I think 90 min news from 5pm is here to stay!

1 Like

Yeah - that Big W version of the Price is Right was woeful

3 Likes

One of the worst remakes ever. Bert Newton’s incarnation of Family Feud lasted only 18 months before it was given the axe and replaced by Antiques reruns.

2 Likes

Sure was

Not even Larry could save it.

Seven should learn from that mistake and bring it back properly to replace The Chase.

3 Likes

TPIR should be revived (again) with the game we all know and love when it was on 9

James Sherry from A*mazing would be a good host for a revived series.

3 Likes

Wheel of Fortune from a 2005 broadcast hosted by Steve Oemcke. Aired in 2006 after the original show’s axing and 25th anniversary

Steve had big shoes to fill after Rob Elliot left.

1 Like

How many episodes were filmed in 2005 before it was shelved until January 2006?

There were 20 unaired episodes from the 2005 season.

1 Like

Why was Rob fired? He was great.

1 Like

Didn’t wheel return one more time after 2005 on channel 9 for a short run?