DSTV

DSTV News Changes

From March 1, the following changes are coming into effect.

BBC News Overnight will be replaced by Al Jazeera. This only affects DSTV News and it’s broadcast on DSTV One will not be affected.

We will also be airing a local version of the ABC current affairs programme Four Corners and that begins screening on Monday nights at 8:30pm. As a result This Week on DSTV will be shortened to 30 minutes.

DSTV News will air the controversial documentary, India: The Modi Question, which has been withdrawn from broadcast in certain countries due to pressure from Indian authorities.

Backlash is expected but management has said it will not bow to pressure from any Government to prevent screening of any programme it wants to put to air.

The regional news service from Dunedin will be shifted to Invercargill, due to major upgrades to the buildings, which house the Dunedin studios.

The completion date is not known at this time.

1 Like

Flashback will be your home of classic television and movies covering drama, action, comedy, sci-fi, horror and classic sports events.

Schedule coming later today (or tomorrow).

1 Like

Flashback - 26/2/2023

6:00 The Gentle Touch
7:00 Police Woman
8:00 T.J. Hooker
9:00 The Brady Bunch Hour
10:00 Eight Is Enough
11:00 The Monkees
11:30 Barbary Coast
12:30 Star Trek
1:30 Yes, Prime Minister
2:00 The Good Life
2:30 Press Gang (Double episode)
3:30 The Ghosts of Motley Hall
4:00 Grange Hill
4:30 The Goodies
5:00 Don’t Ask Me
5:30 Movie: Pufnstuf (1969)
7:30 Rutland Weekend Television
8:00 The Kenny Everett Video Show
8:30 The Two Ronnies Down Under
9:30 French and Saunders (Double episode)
10:30 The Sunday Horrors: Salem’s Lot (1979, commercial free)
1:35 Flashback Music Overnight (until 6am)

BREAKING NEWS

After negotiations with World Wrestling Entertainment DSTV is pleased to announce that it will be screening WWE WrestleMania on April 1 & 2 on DSTV 2.

We will also be airing the pre-show prior to the event on April 1 and the press conference after the show on April 2.

2 Likes

DSTV News Update

The upgrades to the Dunedin buildings, which house the regional news service, are now complete and regular broadcasts will resume next Monday with a fresh set design and graphics package.

1 Like

Hey @Damo - I have two questions to ask in regard to the Otago/Southland regional news service from Dunedin, although it is fictional. Will the set design and graphics be identical to the other regional news services? And what will the Dunedin team be (including journalists and crew based in Queenstown and Invercargill)?

[quote=“PaddyTePou, post:26, topic:21578, full:true”]

The set design and graphics will be identical to that of other regions.

1 Like

DSTV Music Launch Day - June 1

6:00am The Big Breakfast
3 hours of non-stop music from the 70s to today
9:00am Top 10
Top 10 Kiwi Classics
10:00am In Concert
Electric Light Orchestra: Out Of The Blue Tour - Live at Wembley (1975)
12:00pm In Conversation
Today we chat with Tim and Neil Finn covering topics such as Split Enz, Neil’s joining the band in '77, Crowded House and whether we’ll ever see a reunion of the original Split Enz line-up.
1:00pm Rewind
Today: The final ever BBC Top of The Pops (feat. footage never before seen on television)
2:30pm Music News
3:00pm The Who: Tommy - Live (1989)
5:00pm Music Videos
(Until 7pm)
7:00pm The 70’s at 7
8:00pm Movie: Pink Floyd’s The Wall (1982)
Starring Bob Geldof
10:00pm Behind The Music
Today: The rise and fall of Leif Garrett
12:00am Music videos overnight
(Until 6:00am)

Sorry for not posting lately but I was recently hospitalized for kidney stones. However I am back to the laptop and will resume making mock ups very soon.

2 Likes

Welcome back, @Damo - I hope you had a full recovery!

1 Like

I notice I last posted in October but now that we’re at the end of 2023 I have uploaded a DSTV One New Years ident to YouTube and as I use video templates it only took around 15 minutes to create, process and download.

Enjoy the clip and Happy New Year to everyone who is subscribed to my YT channel through Media Spy.

DSTV - https://youtube.com/DamienService

1 Like

Came across this image on Canva and changed a few colours to make it look familiar to an old school logo from NZ’s TV past.

DSPTV stands for Damien Service Pacific Television and I might make it an off shoot from DSTV.

The differences will be that it will only air in the Pacific (obviously) from midday to midnight and have a totally seperate line-up from what you would see on DSTV.

1 Like

Been working with some of the templates on Canva lately and sending the mockups I create over to X.

But I wanted to post this one here which only took 5 minutes to do.

And please note that the URL for my youtube channel is now the same as what’s shown on the image.

Update: I screwed up on the URL. It should be @DSTVNZ. My bad.

2 Likes

Oh dear. DSTV 2 appears to have technical difficulties.
:grinning:

1 Like

As some of those who follow me on You Tube might have noticed I’ve been uploading quite a bit over the last wee while.

But I’ve been heavily pushing DSTV 2 and neglecting the other channels.

I promise I’ll get to those neglected channels soon.

I’ll also look at testing an AI news bulletin with content re-worded through Chat GPT.

For the studio and AI presenter I’ve got a Microsoft video editor called CapCut which can do this stuff.

So keep your eyes out for that.

I may start it this weekend if I’ve got nothing going on.

2 Likes