Disney+

Apparently issues were also on the Fire TV stick and on Android tablets and the Apple TV last night though it seems to be gone now

The app seemed ok but issues with the watchlist resulted in this image below , it was also not showing even on the browser.

I don’t have a VPN.

1 Like
3 Likes

That’s for the US only though .

1 Like

rumour as rumour: Disney + will do a deal with Sony in Australia.

1 Like

It will also be available on Star on Disney+ in Australia and New Zealand on the same day at no additional charge. The announcement came after the movie claimed three Academy Awards today including Best Picture, Best Actress and Best Director.

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

(Disney Plus) packed on 8.7 million global customers in the most recent quarter (up from 94.9 million at the start of 2021)…

For the sake of comparison, in Q1, Netflix gained about 4 million global streaming subscribers as it saw an even more dramatic slowdown after a COVID-fueled boom 2020.

Disney CEO Bob Chapek and chief financial officer Christine McCarthy emphasized that Disney Plus is still on track to reach the company’s sub target of 230 million to 260 million subscribers by the end of 2024. McCarthy noted that COVID-related disruptions in India, where Disney Plus Hotstar launched in April 2020, pushed sporting events and other sub drivers out of Disney’s fiscal Q1. Disney also made the decision to delay the Disney Plus launch in Latin American markets to later this year to better align with marquee sports events.

I wonder what Netflix sub numbers are around the world now?

207m as of March

About 208 million subscribers according to this CNBC article from yesterday (US time).

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/disney-subscriber-growth-slowing-like-netflix-with-much-lower-arpu.html

Why is this HULU show on Disney+ (Star), but not Nine perfect strangers. So annoying.

2 Likes

One Mississippi is supposed to be coming today as well as The Amazing Race Australia - Seasons 1- 4 and Deep State Seasons 1-2

Will check later , as Ghost Whisperer and Happy Endings was mentioned 2 months back and didn’t turn up presumably because it’s on 7Plus still. Happy Endings not sure i vaguely remember seeing it on SBS On Demand but it has since expired so not sure .

Yeah it’s going to Amazon. I guess money talks and they paid a lot of money for rights is all I can think of .

Yep Amazon paid for global rights outside the US and China :

One Mississippi is there but no sign of The Amazing Race .

It’s really poor from Disney australia. We are paying extra for the service and still not getting everything

1 Like

Isn’t that the fault of Disney America who want to gouge overseas subscribers?

1 Like

Love Victor lands June 11 on Hulu in the US, really can’t wait for it, Season 1 was so good. It’s confirmed on Disney+ Star for the UK but haven’t heard about AU yet… assume same, all eps land on the same day on Hulu by UK will have weekly episode drops which quite frankly pisses me off - thankfully I still have access to Hulu :shushing_face:

Here’s the trailer.

3 Likes