Digital TV Technical Discussion

What about making room for 10 Bold HD, is that possible while still launching 10 Shake?

Is there a launch date for 10 Shake yet?

1 Like

Check the 10shake thread perhaps.

Maybe they’re keeping a LCN spare (point to 10 SD for now) for a future channel, so they can avoid another reshuffle down the line.

1 Like

Presuming that 15 Spree TV is remaining on-air (as shifting TVSN to 16 would suggest is likely to be the case), I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a 2nd HD channel being introduced to LCN-14 on the Network Ten multiplex.

Less likely but still possible, LCN-14 being used as a Ten HD redirect.

2 Likes

Mew multiples line up for 10 with Mbps for last 30 minutes

10 HD and 10 Shake are MPEG 4

LCN CH Mbps
1 10HD 4.99
10 10 3.15
11 10 Peach 4.58
12 10 Bold 2.97
13 10 Shake 2.13
16 TVSN 2
17 Spree TV 1.91
5 Likes

I’ve just rescanned my Topfield box manually (ie. just the 10 multiplex on VHF-11) in Sydney, and for some reason, 10 Shake is not on LCN 13, but is instead slotted somewhere on the 1000s. :flushed:

1 Like

Looking at the ASI input streams to the Transmitters it looks like TVSN & SpreeTV are MPEG 4 now, as well as 10HD & 10 Shake?

If correct that makes TEN’s mux the same as WIN’s now (except no Shake on WIN,) who have WINHD, SKY News on WIN, TVSN & GOLD all in MPEG4.

3 Likes

Yep, Spree/TVSN/Shake are SD MPEG4 and 10 HD in HD MPEG4.

2 Likes

Will also mean Spree TV will have to update their logo since it had the number 15 in it previously. Haven’t checked yet today if that has happened.

1 Like

I came up with a solution to fix my problem, by deleting all of 10’s channels from my box & then rescan. It worked, with 10 Shake now on its correct LCN number of 13. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The gap for Channels 14 and 15 would imply that these reserved for future use… or am I just getting a little ahead of myself?

4 Likes

15 is a 10HD redirect but 14 is free.

2 Likes

No change to Spree w/m

5 Likes

Can you think of why they would have a redirect on 15? Does it take up any extra bandwidth?

I wonder why they moved Spree, perhaps so that it was after TVSN which is probably the more popular shopping channel. Also probably future planning?

2 Likes

Redirection doesn’t take up any bandwidth. It would be to create of suite of consecutive channel numbers 10 - 17 for people who use the up and down buttons on the remote.

With Ch 14 vacant we clearly need a new topic on Media Spy for “10’s 4th multichannel:slight_smile:

7 Likes

14 could be a promo loop for Paramount+ programming? :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

You must have the same (or very similar) Topfield set top box - this also happened on my end.

Surprised that it was decided that TVSN & Spree TV should become MPEG4 channels. I probably would’ve expected them to slash the bitrate of Ten HD in half so they could fit in six MPEG2 SD channels!

1 Like

I have the TBF-200HD that I bought from JB Hi-Fi back in April 2016, as my bedroom TV is not MPEG-4 compatible (all other TVs in my house, plus my USB TV tuner, is MPEG-4 compatible). I assume you have the same model? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the one! :slight_smile:

1 Like