Digital TV Technical Discussion

Could be. Doesn’t explain 10 Peach on 13 though. I reckon it’s more likely SCA wanting uniformity across their markets since moving to NPC - HD on x0, SD on x1, SD on x, no matter the affiliate.

1 Like

Wonder what impact taking 10 Bold off LCN 1 might have (if anything) in nightly ratings.

4 Likes

can’t watch your nightly shows then.

1 Like

10 does not broadcast in Darwin. Nine/SCA have a joint venture DDT station broadcasting Ten content.

3 Likes

Changing the LCN lineup is always a risky move with the potential for loss of viewers with people who aren’t tech savvy. But the best time to do it is when adding a new channel offering that will at least get people interested enough to not want to miss out, and hopefully make the effort to retune (if their set up requires it).

Though the potential is that this LCN line up will see all the channels still available to view without a retune - just a couple on a channel that the viewer may not be used to using.

5 Likes

10’s LCNs are getting more of a shake up than first thought with TVSN moving to Channel 16 on 16 September.

7 Likes

Hmm…so what’s going on 14? 10 HD? SpreeTV?

1 Like

10 Shake HD?

1 Like

I doubt it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But seriously, if it is 10 HD that moves to 14, that would make 10 Shake being on 13 quite pointless.

2 Likes

Perhaps, since LCN 13 is already a HD MPEG 4 channel, 10 Shake will be in HD on that channel and LCN 14 will be a SD variant.

3 Likes

Hopeful thinking but I’m sure if it was going to be in HD, then the promos would mention it.

Not really. It puts all the multi’s together. Keeping 10HD on 13 and using 14 for 10 Shake would be messy. Then again, Nine doesn’t seem to care that much about logical ordering.

1 Like

I’m wondering how the change for LCN 13 will be handled. Perhaps

1. Close down 10 Bold on LCN 1 - put up a change channel to LCN 12 notice
  2. Then a week or so later close down 10 HD on LCN 13 and move it to LCN 1 - put up a change channel message + a promo “a new channel is coming here”.
1 Like

What about making room for 10 Bold HD, is that possible while still launching 10 Shake?

Is there a launch date for 10 Shake yet?

1 Like

Check the 10shake thread perhaps.

Maybe they’re keeping a LCN spare (point to 10 SD for now) for a future channel, so they can avoid another reshuffle down the line.

1 Like

Presuming that 15 Spree TV is remaining on-air (as shifting TVSN to 16 would suggest is likely to be the case), I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a 2nd HD channel being introduced to LCN-14 on the Network Ten multiplex.

Less likely but still possible, LCN-14 being used as a Ten HD redirect.

2 Likes

Mew multiples line up for 10 with Mbps for last 30 minutes

10 HD and 10 Shake are MPEG 4

LCN CH Mbps
1 10HD 4.99
10 10 3.15
11 10 Peach 4.58
12 10 Bold 2.97
13 10 Shake 2.13
16 TVSN 2
17 Spree TV 1.91
5 Likes

I’ve just rescanned my Topfield box manually (ie. just the 10 multiplex on VHF-11) in Sydney, and for some reason, 10 Shake is not on LCN 13, but is instead slotted somewhere on the 1000s. :flushed:

1 Like