Digital Radio - Content

Hope BOG keeps it up. Another small player in Melbourne had a good variety of stations on DAB too once. KOOOL and AUSSIE were popular stations.

4 Likes

I tuned into Gorilla the other week and there were momentary audio drop outs occasionally. They must have subsequently resolved it.

1 Like

The problems I’ve usually seen in the past revolve around total silence, often going for weeks, or even months on end.

2 Likes

Has there ever been a time when all 5 stations were working?At the moment there is again no audio on Dance Super Digi.Is this a weekend thing where 1 or more stations drop out?It really is a gamble?I could always catch the repeated playlist tomorrow at the same time :grinning:

2 Likes

Bump

They need to fix their internet streaming of Fun, Zoo etc

3 Likes

SBS Chill is running its Chillest 100 again.

3 Likes

Elf Radio was the winner of Radio Today’s DAB+ Station of the Year in the Station of the Year Awards put on in conjunction with RCS.

1 Like

So Perth is missing on the winning DAB+ radio station of 2020? So sad … well not really.

4 Likes

:smiley::smiley::smiley: It’s not April the 1st, is it?

And today when I mistakenly hit the DAB scan button I spotted another new station on the Mandurah DAB, it is “SEN Peel”, is this a direct feed from SEN Melbourne? On Perth DAB we only have NTS. It made an early debut according to SEN reveals launch plans for 'Peel', a new DAB+ station in WA

3 Likes

Not sure, but you would hope it would be a relay of SEN/Spirit in Bunbury? Wave might not have wanted a station that plays classic hits on their DAB though…

Nah, its a relay of SEN WA (same as 1116 SEN from Melbourne).

1 Like

But they just play the same songs over and over and over!

1 Like

4IP is back for another year on DAB in Brisbane - 4TAB2

5 Likes

Any chance of an online stream @4TAB-1008kHz?

1 Like

Tomorrow all day. Separately no I’m afraid. Thank PPCA for that.

3 Likes

I think we have some “new” jingles this year from 4IP? May be from the 1950s or early 60s?

2 Likes

My best guess is late 60s…

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s been mentioned here yet – sub-metro community station Eastside Radio is on DAB+ in Sydney now:

7 Likes