Deal or No Deal

Deal is rating much better than 10 News at 6pm did based on raw total people 5-city metro data. Most days 10’s 6pm audience is now at the same level as or higher than its 5 - 6pm hour, something that pretty much never happened in the past. IN key demos Deal easily outperforms news.

This might not be evident when looking at the top 30 national tables because they are ranked on reach, so shows that people sample for a few minutes push Deal out of the top 30 often. But if you look at the average audience tables that are also posted you will see Deal in the top 30 consistently and well ahead of 10 News in 25-54.

11 Likes

Do you think game shows are the answer to 10’s early evening woes? Because 10 had a lot of game showś at six o’clock, but I think six o’clock isn’t the right time for game shows

1 Like

Absolutely not the right time, but DOND is doing better at 6pm than the news was so it’s somewhat doing what it was intended to do - was never really going to be doing better against such strong competition.

I still think it would double it’s audience at 7pm but it’s doing the job it was commissioned for at 6pm which was to improve on news figures.

3 Likes

Remember the news rated higher than Celeb Name Game at first but tapered off. Let’s see

All three game shows were up on the rest of the year in one of DOND’s best results ; end of DST having an impact.

6 Likes

The show is one of 10’s successes in recent years

1 Like

Shame its off such a low benchmark

2 Likes

Spoiler: Deal or No Deal

I watched the 57th episode of Deal Or No Deal and there was the 1st Megaguess winner.

For $500. The value should be $1,000 in my opinion. $500 is hardly that much of a Megaguess

you’re guessing what’s in a box and are also not the main contestant.
500 dollars is fine.

2 Likes

Used to be $2,000, $5,000 and $10,000 on the Seven version between 2006 and 2013.

Not in this economy, mate.

Also, did you not see the article above where it says DOND gave away more cash than the other two game shows last week? I think they’re doing just fine.

2 Likes

And you are guaranteed a prizemoney on Deal every night, compared to The Chase and Tipping Point.

Sure, you might win just 50 cents every night (although unlikely), it’s still more than the counterparts on Seven and Nine.

And I reckon if we converted the ratings DOND is getting now to the old system, this show is rating worse than Celebrity Name Game.

The show seems to have got a ratings boosts possibly thanks to the end of DST. In the top 30 reach table all days this week with some of its highest rated episodes so far.

4 Likes

Probably helps that there have been good results for the winners too. Last night they took home 40k.

1 Like

Best rated Thursday episode so far last night - looks like a record week by a significant margin.

5 Likes

Slow and steady growth is what 10 needs for this show :+1:

3 Likes