Dance Boss

Seven have created social media (Facebook, Instagram) accounts for each team participating in this series. Promo featuring cast was pushed out yesterday, expecting it to replace House Rules https://www.facebook.com/channel7/videos/1976922815671427/

Surely this show won’t rate well ? The ads are on every ad break on 7Plus . Haven’t they heard of Ten’s failure with Everybody Dance Now? .

1 Like

That was Ten, this is Seven. Any old crap they put on rates well, at least initially.

1 Like

Except Australian Spartan, Yummy Mummies, Back with thr Ex, The Mentor, Interview etc.

4 Likes

This is either going to be one of those shows that does surprisingly very well (800k-1m) or bombs spectacularly (200k to 400k).

I mean The Wall with whats his name drew in 700k-1m viewers late in Q4 last year for Seven, combined with the 1m+ Good Doctor. And most thought it was rubbish but clearly not.

2 Likes

Watch out! You’ll get splinters from sitting on that fence.

3 Likes

The ads are so … annoying. Fake giraffe etc…

I think it will be a hit but every time I am optimistic it always comes back to bite me

1 Like

Wonder if this will be similar to

and this show as well as So You Think You Can Dance Australia were not big rating winners.

If they think they can get as many viewers as House Rules surely they’re dreaming…

1 Like

In its first season So You Think You Can Dance Australia was huge averaging 1.5 million viewers. In its second season it still did alright with 1.2 million viewers. Its in its third season when it statrted rating poorly with below a million viewers.

4 Likes

Remember when TEN revived SYTYCD in 2014, this show suffered very poor ratings. This show was unable to compete against MKR and The Block and TEN had to move it on Thursday Nights. Unfortunately, the show that performed on Thursday nights rated very low.

This show should have been put on 11 instead of TEN on Sunday Nights in March 2014.

1 Like

I’m glad to see 7 having a go at something new. You have to have some misses to get the hits. Time will tell which one Dance Boss is.
Remember MKR and House Rules weren’t instant hits, 7 could’ve ditched them, but they persisted and have done well for them.

It looks like a good fit for Seven. Feels like family viewing and Dannii Minogue tends to draw a crowd.

1 Like

They’re obviously trying to recapture the audience they had with AGT/DWTS/XFactor with Dance Boss/All Together Now/Little Big Shots

2 Likes

Yes which makes sense. Execution and audience response will determine success or failure. Can’t discuss further until we’ve seen it I guess. But they could do some exciting promotion in the lead-up to generate interest. Flash mobs etc.

1 Like

The show has taken over the Dancing With The Stars facebook page. So they’ve changed the name from “Dancing With The Stars” to “Dance Boss Australia” on the page.

Pretty smart thinking rather than creating a completely new one.

1 Like

The latest Dance Boss promo looks great. Looks like the show will be visually spectacular.

There are 12 teams competing on the show, according to this week’s New Idea magazine. The website has details on some of them.

I assume they aren’t going to be dancing in their workwear …

A sneak peek has the airline team (I assume they are all Qantas workers?) dancing in costumes which were similar to their day to day workwear.