Cricket

As they should. India should be trying to get their infection rates down before even considering hosting anything.

2 Likes

In the coming weeks, CA will announce the Test against Afghanistan, formerly slated to be held in Perth last November, will go ahead next summer in Hobart.

The Hobart test will be Tim Paine’s first match as test captain at his home state.

I welcome the possible test encounter between Australia and Ireland. The two teams had played each other in ODIs before, usually during the Aussies’ Ashes tour of Britain.

2 Likes

Channel 7 will love this

4 Likes

Channel Nine will too… when they have the rights back next summer

@bacco007’s post was sarcasm.

1 Like

Waratahs: we’re the worst team in NSW.
NSW cricket: hold our drink.

4 Likes

Oh my, that IS bad… We were 3-0 at one point too, that’s a rarity as well.
And we are not the NRL or AFL premiers either.
Is there anything we are good at?
I suppose at least Sydney FC won the A-league last year.

1 Like

32 runs was NSW’s lowest first class score and the fourth-lowest Sheffield Shield score of all time.

1 Like

Corruption? Inept governments?

1 Like

Let me rephrase that.

“Is there anything GOOD we are good at?”.

No surprise Tasmania won its Sheffield Shield match against NSW today, by 298 runs. The Blues’ second innings were much, much better than their first innings, but they could still only manage 194.

2 Likes
2 Likes

New Zealand won over Bangladesh in the first T20 match after beating Them by 66 runs. Devon Conway was named man of the match for his unbeaten 92 off 52 balls. Bangladesh have never won in NZ in Tests, ODIs and T20s. The Bangladesh cricket team didn’t have enough depth to be competitive in these different formats. It’s very hard for Bangladesh to win a cricket match down in NZ.

1 Like

And in most other countries.

London’s Daily Telegraph reports Discovery is in a three-horse race with BT and Sky for a four-year package, worth in excess of UK£50 million (US$68.7 million), for UK rights to the upcoming Ashes tour of Australia this summer. The rights package covers both the men’s and women’s Ashes, the men’s One Day International (ODI) and Twenty20 series in 2022, Australia’s other home internationals as well as the BBL.

2 Likes

Similar to the three horse race between Ten, Nine and FOX to replace seven

I can’t see it being Nine since it may clash with the tennis. Meaning at some point, one of those will end up on a multi channel which neither sport will be happy about.

wouldn’t Nine just go for Tests and thus having the warm up matches to the Australian Open on Go or Gem.

1 Like

Australian women’s team has set a new record of 22 consecutive ODI wins, breaking the previous record of 21 by the Australian men’s team led by Ricky Ponting in 2003. The women’s team won today’s first ODI against NZ by six wickets.

https://twitter.com/cricketcomau/status/1378582111620198401

UPDATE: Ricky Ponting, who is in India preparing to coach Delhi Capitals in the IPL, told The Age:

What a brilliant achievement… They are setting a whole new standard for women’s cricket and I hope their big winning streak continues for a long time to come.

Congrats to Meg and her team for passing our streak of 21.

2 Likes

Delhi Capitals

1 Like