Cricket

I think the difference could be that YuppTV has Hindi commentary, while Fox/Kayo has English commentary?

Yupp tv could have both.

2 Likes

How is it possible that both Kayo and YuppTV have rights? Does Fox know about this?

Fox better not advertise it as exclusive.

2 Likes

This is why YuppTV probably have Hindi rights only.

Just watch them.

1 Like

Did anyone go on to the IPL website and look at the teams? If you notice down the very bottom Disney+ must have bort the Indian streaming service Hotstar which has now been renamed Disney+ Hotstar.

Just an FYI don’t click on the Disney + Hotstar sponsor advertisment :joy:

1 Like

Hotstar is now part of Disney+ after last year’s merger of Disney and 21st Century Fox (the ultimate owner of Hotstar).

1 Like

Hmm she wasn’t on the coverage tonight!

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

Triple M are reporting Victorian and Australian cricket legend Dean Jones has passed away from a heart attack in India at the age of 59.

Very sad news.

Nine are now reporting it too.

1 Like

Star India, which broadcasts Indian Premier League, has confirmed Dean Jones’ death.

That is a shock. So sad.
4 Likes

Yeah very sad. My favourite player growing up.

RIP, thanks for the memories, we all pretended to be like you in the backyard.

4 Likes

RIP Deano

Both Fox and Nines NRL broadcasts paid tribute to Deano as did the Front Bar however the IPL coverage hasn’t had an tribute not even a mention of his passing which is disappointing especially with everything he did for cricket in the Asia region.

3 Likes

Some of tonight’s coverage

NRL

Nine Late News

The Latest

Front Bar

ABC Late News

5 Likes

After performing CPR on Dean Jones hours earlier, Brett Lee returned to commentary box last night alongside former NZ all-rounder Scott Styris. It must have been really hard for both of them.

Matches to be played at Karen Rolton Oval, Park 25, Adelaide Oval No.2 and Glenelg from October 10 to November 11, except NSW v Victoria which will be held on November 17-20.
2 Likes

WBBL fixture released- please explain why the Sydney Sixers have the most FTA games when their fans can actually go to the games with every match being played in Sydney?! Sometimes FTA really doesn’t make sense

3 Likes

My concern is with Sydney Showground and North Sydney Oval hosting 4-5 matches over one weekend, including three on the same day. I am not sure if the pitch can handle that.

1 Like

They do have multiple pitches

1 Like

The league has also revealed it will create a WBBL Village in Sydney Olympic Park, to accommodate players and staff from all eight teams for the duration of the tournament.

The WBBL Village, created with the support of Rebel, the Sydney Olympic Park Authority, Accor Hotels and Cricket NSW will see parts of Sydney Olympic Park transformed into a high-class athletes precinct, giving the league exclusive use of hotels, high performances facilities, dining venues and more.

1 Like