Cricket

Australia scored 6/374 in the first ODI against India at the SCG thanks to centuries to captain Aaron Finch and Steve Smith, while David Warner and Glenn Maxwell also contributed. 374 is a high score, but given India’s batting and the small size of the field, anything can happen.
Australian innings went for just over four hours (a typical one-day innings goes for 3.5 hours). I reckon the match referee will have to take action at the end of tonight’s game.

2 Likes

India are hitting the ball perfectly

Only caught snippets on the radio, sounded like the Australian batsmen were slowing things down a bit?[quote=“turdall, post:2847, topic:1963”]
Does anyone else watch cricket and support anyone but Australia?
[/quote]

I like to see us win but the visiting team be competitive and series be live for as long as possible. If that means a loss here and there so be it.

4 Likes

No, I think it is TVNZ’s match.

no its Spark Sport. TVNZ simulcast one T20I per series.

1 Like

Correct.
And you can discuss it all here: International Sports Coverage Presentation

1 Like

Australia has beaten India by 66 runs in the first ODI at the SCG, which turned into a marathon with the match not finishing until 11.09pm AEDT. India had an explosive start to their run chase, scoring 32 runs off the first two overs, and kept up the momentum in the first 30 overs despite losing four wickets. Their innings turned into a snooze fest after Zampa claimed the wicket of Pandya (90) in the 39th over. The match went so late that the crowd of more than 16,000 began to file out after 10pm, with just 3000 left by the time the match ended.

Steve Smith was named Player of the Match for his innings of 105 off 66 balls.

Players from both teams wore black armbands in memory of Dean Jones who died in India in September. Today was also six years since Australian batsman Phillip Hughes passed away.

1 Like

India peaked too early during their innings. They lost the important player Kohli for 21, When Hardik Pandya was dismissed in the 39th over, India started to lose momentum. This is why India lose the game easily. Australia did well with finch and smith doing well.
16k is quite a good crowd at the SCG, given the fact that most NSW students were at school. Sunday’s match at the SCG will be a good cracking match. We will see a higher crowd of 20k at SCG.

1 Like

Stars are in the shit half way through the Final against the Thunder…5 for 37.

Sydney thundered home with a 7 wicket win over the Melbourne stars with 6.2 overs to spare at Norrh Sydney oval. The Stars won the toss and batted first. During the stars innings, the stars started off very slowly. They lost Meg Lanning. Katherine brunt came to the rescue for the stars. The stars managed 9/86. The thunder were too good, dispatching the stars. Rachael Haynes. Take a bow with 4 catches!

1 Like

I told you so. #Thundernation

There is always next year I guess! Extremely shattered!

1 Like

Really wishing they did it in a more opportune spot…for me at least…

1 Like

Just when I heard that the Sydney thunder sang to the tune Of Richmond tigers (which they won this year’s premiership. Tigers won 3 flags in 4 years) song. It makes me laugh out loud.

Last night’s final was the first cricket match I watched on TV this season and I was very disappointed with Stars’ batting. They might have topped the WBBL table but saved their worst performance till last. Thunder simply didn’t give the visitors any chance through superb bowling. Thunder bowler Sammy-Jo Johnson has now won three WBBL titles in a row (two via Brisbane Heat).
It was a battle between Australian women’s captain Meg Lanning and her deputy Rachael Haynes, and Haynes came out on top.
So the Victorians’ women’s domestic title drought continues for another year - Stars and Renegades still haven’t won a WBBL championship since it began in 2015-16, while Victoria has not won Women’s National Cricket League (50-over competition) since 2004-05. Stars have provided the right platform for themselves and Renegades to be champions, I am not sure what else they need to do to achieve the goal.

2 Likes

India have been fined 20% of their match fee for their slow bowling during Friday’s ODI against Australia at the SCG.

2 Likes

Maybe they feel a bit lethargic after the IPL and all the quarantining.

Australia has made another massive score, reaching 4/389 in the second ODI against India at the SCG. That’s 15 runs higher than what the home side achieved on Friday night. Steve Smith scored another fast century, while Warner, Finch, Labuschagne and Maxwell all scored 50s. India’s over rate was sloooooow again, with the innings lasting 3 hours 50 minutes including breaks.
4/389 is Australia’s third highest score in ODI history, and the second highest ODI score at the SCG behind South Africa’s 5/408 against West Indies in the 2015 Cricket World Cup.

Are India interested in actually playing? Their over rates have been poor and they look like they dont want to be here

Will that mean Kohli will be suspended for the next game?