Cricket

Possibly - News are suggesting Maccas were offering $10m

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/big-bash/big-bash-league-colonel-sanders-ousts-ronald-mcdonald-in-bbl-sponsorship-battle/news-story/971ef1948d9551379d7c7833ac254145

1 Like

Yeah I’m a Heat member. renewal email came out last week

As are the heat. Ive been a platnum member for years and the only reason i’m renewing this year is to keep my seat for next year

1 Like

I’m a stars member since 02!

Memberships were meant to come on sale last Monday but are on hold at the moment until there is further clarity of how the season will work.

1 Like

From what I’ve read, the possibility of having travelling hubs is one idea, so that the Stars and Renegades would effectively be road teams has been floated.

WBBL is all being held in Sydney, which is good, as I’m a Thunder WBBL member too (even though I get free admittance as a Thunder BBL member) - could be something floated for the BBL.

3 Likes

I’d still buy a membership to keep the years up

3 Likes

Same. The Patriot program the Thunder has is continuity-based - I think I’m up to the 5 year level when I renew this year.

1 Like

Sixers appear to be doing the same thing with the “Magenta Movement”

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/HurricanesBBL/status/1303590033891287040?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Cricket.com.au has reported that Victorian leg-spinner Wil Parker, South Australian left-armer Nick Winter and Western Australian allrounder Tim David are all expected to sign on for BBL|10.

Sydney Thunder are continuing their investment in the future, adding teenagers Olivia Porter and Kate Peterson to their squad for the upcoming Rebel WBBL season.

Seventeen-year-old bowler Peterson returns to the Thunder on a two-year deal, while 18-year-old allrounder Porter has signed her first WBBL contract, a one-year deal.

1 Like

Adelaide Strikers have locked in talented batter Bridget Patterson for another three years.

The South Australian has been with the Strikers through the first five seasons of the Rebel WBBL and is their third highest all-time run-scorer behind New Zealand stars Suzie Bates and Sophie Devine.

The 26-year-old enjoyed a standout domestic summer in 2019-20, scoring two half-centuries and amassing 319 runs at a strike rate of 117.71 in WBBL|05.

That doesn’t surprise me. It’s either a CA thing or a Cricket NSW thing, seeing as CNSW owns both franchises.

i’d say it’s CA. the heat are doing the same

1 Like

Meanwhile England has levelled the three-match ODI series after beating Australia by 24 runs in game 2 at Old Trafford last night. Australia suffered their second batting collapse of the tour, losing their last eight wickets for 63 runs.

1 Like

Doesn’t Fox have IPL rights here? Would this deal mean there is no streaming on Foxtel Go/Now or Kayo?

1 Like

Former Fox Sports presenter and AFL Footy Show co-host Neroli Meadows is travelling to Dubai to be part of the hosting team for Star Sports’ coverage of the IPL.

3 Likes

*Hosting team.