Cricket

And a series against Ireland.

Yes that is true, so I should give them at least given the situation world wide. However as an England supporter, I stand on victory. :grinning:

Does anyone know whether Foxsports is showing the IPL this year?

1 Like

Australia won the third and final T20 match against England at Southampton overnight by five wickets, led by Mitchell Marsh’s 39 not out from 36 balls. Sent in to bat first, England was restricted to 6/145 with opener Jonny Bairstow top scoring with 55. England won the series 2-1 while Australia retained its No.1 world ranking in T20 matches.

KFC has extended its naming rights sponsorship of the Big Bash League.

1 Like

Seven has just begun the termination of their broadcasting contract with Cricket Australia. (Discuss in Seven Cricket Coverage)
Discuss the new rights in Cricket TV Broadcast Rights 2020-

1 Like

News Corp are running an article suggesting that CA went for loyalty over a potentially larger deal from McDonalds

3 Likes

Must be BS. CA would have gone for the biggest purse, with Seven pulling out, they will not get anywhere near what they are getting now. I get the loyalty thing, but from a financial standpoint they’ve made the wrong decision.

Is anyone here a member of their BBL club? Are you guys up to membership renewals yet?

I got my login details for the Thunder, we are going non-ticketed for all members this year with priority access to tickets if we are allowed in.

3 Likes

Possibly - News are suggesting Maccas were offering $10m

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/big-bash/big-bash-league-colonel-sanders-ousts-ronald-mcdonald-in-bbl-sponsorship-battle/news-story/971ef1948d9551379d7c7833ac254145

1 Like

Yeah I’m a Heat member. renewal email came out last week

As are the heat. Ive been a platnum member for years and the only reason i’m renewing this year is to keep my seat for next year

1 Like

I’m a stars member since 02!

Memberships were meant to come on sale last Monday but are on hold at the moment until there is further clarity of how the season will work.

1 Like

From what I’ve read, the possibility of having travelling hubs is one idea, so that the Stars and Renegades would effectively be road teams has been floated.

WBBL is all being held in Sydney, which is good, as I’m a Thunder WBBL member too (even though I get free admittance as a Thunder BBL member) - could be something floated for the BBL.

3 Likes

I’d still buy a membership to keep the years up

3 Likes

Same. The Patriot program the Thunder has is continuity-based - I think I’m up to the 5 year level when I renew this year.

1 Like

Sixers appear to be doing the same thing with the “Magenta Movement”

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/HurricanesBBL/status/1303590033891287040?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Cricket.com.au has reported that Victorian leg-spinner Wil Parker, South Australian left-armer Nick Winter and Western Australian allrounder Tim David are all expected to sign on for BBL|10.

Sydney Thunder are continuing their investment in the future, adding teenagers Olivia Porter and Kate Peterson to their squad for the upcoming Rebel WBBL season.

Seventeen-year-old bowler Peterson returns to the Thunder on a two-year deal, while 18-year-old allrounder Porter has signed her first WBBL contract, a one-year deal.

1 Like