Cricket TV Rights 2024/25-2030/31 (Seven/Foxtel)

Exactly. I’ve got no idea what he’s on about.

1 Like

Too much reading news Corp press and believing it all.

1 Like

This is what I believe too.

They were showing a lot of this cricket before Fox Cricket launched though (IPL the most notable exception). And it was across the standard Fox channels.

I don’t think it’s a certainty that they will keep the channel if they lose the rights to the Australian home summer.

It is obvious AFL wanted Seven/Fox as they told them that Paramount was going to bid 600 million a year, so they basically told them to cough up more because they want 7/Fox and only 7/Fox, which was why Nine didn’t get told.

Thanks for creating this thread. It may look like this: Paramount+ having rights to all matches and 10 showing Tests, ODIs, T20Is as well as sharing the BBL and WBBL TV rights with Paramount+.

If not, 7 and Foxtel may retain the BBL and WBBL TV Rights with 10 showing International Tests, ODIs and T20Is.

1 Like

No they don’t, but I think they do have IPL in India.

I think you need to be careful what you comment if you don’t actually know the facts. It’s been widely reported they had a significant bid.

2 Likes

What’s the advantage of the extra channel though?

The AFL just used the others to pump 7 up. There was never going to be a change unless Seven/Fox didn’t even bid (which was never going to happen).

Not happening. Seven is suing CA because of BBL.

CA (should) go all-in with one broadcaster.

That being said, the split means that no broadcaster has a priority (other than Men’s v Women’s). This means they can put their best broadcast out there, which is certainly something we saw previously, and we see the priorities of Seven and Fox currently.

3 Likes

Absolutely. We are in a streaming world now. If you’re behind and not in the market, too bad. Splitting rights need to end.

I wouldn’t be surprised that in the next 15-20 years that the sports start to produce their own coverage with their own streaming service but that’s another topic haha.

Here is a media report that the AFL were underwhelmed with Ten’s bid.

If Ten really meant business, they wouldn’t have bid so low. I can’t see them changing their ways and bidding higher for the cricket if they didn’t do so for the AFL.

But that wasn’t the final bid though right?

3 Likes

Correct. Their last bid was $6b over 10 years.

That SEN article was a rehash of some poorly written News Corp article. Should never rely on the Murdoch press when it comes to sport rights.

3 Likes

Whether they stream it directly or then sell that on is another story, but yes, for another topic on another day :joy:

That was the opening bid. I believe they bid a similar amount to the current deal but over more years.

No.

This was their last bid:

1 Like

I still find it hard to see Foxtel and CA parting ways, unless of course it was due to another partner like Seven. I think CA need Foxtel and Foxtel need them. They have a 24/7 channel and already well set up and established base with Kayo. It also shows commitment and passion to the code. And just because CA have new management doesn’t necessarily mean much, all of them have new management more or less. So I agree with whoever said it that Foxtel will cause big problems for these negotiations/ deal. Foxtel won’t want a bar of Stan or Paramount+ and I think that would see Nine and 10 leave discussions. Unless of course they do a gigantic AFL 10-like bid, which I can’t see CA, certainly this time, getting at all. Disclaimer: I do not have Foxtel, like them or necessarily want them to win this, merely making some reasonable points :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How does this show commitment? The service isn’t exclusively for cricket.

All of which I’m scared will come true…

1 Like

Going with fox will be a disaster for cricket which will continue to erode support for the game. They’ve been losing crowds and ratings under the current deal. They need to do something new with 10 or 9.

2 Likes

But that wasn’t the most recent article relating to their bid. Again you need to be careful with what you post. It can be very inaccurate to paint a narrative you want.

1 Like