COVID-19: Want to get Vaccinated?

As availability opens up, finding where to get vaccinated can be tough - so here is a not-so comprehensive list of places to look for appointments

For those in locked-down regions - getting a vaccination is an approved reason to leave your home

Get Vaccinated!

COVID Vaccine Eligibility (and Availability): Vaccines Eligibility Checker
Covid Near Me (opens to NSW, other states available): COVID-19 Near Me

Government

Online Booking Engines (GPs/Respiratory Clinics)

Pharmacies
Generic Tools

Specific Brands

7 Likes

If you come across any other sites - send me a PM or add them here and I’l endeavour to update the first post

3 Likes

Since the links seem to be NSW-centric:

3 Likes

WA State vax hubs & regional COVID vaccination clinics

https://www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus/COVID19-vaccine

3 Likes
3 Likes

For SA:

3 Likes

For NT -
Overview: Vaccinations | Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Book an appointment: Booking your COVID-19 vaccine | Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 Likes

For the ACT at least, I’d recommend booking an initial appointment and then trying to rebook an earlier appointment. You have to be very quick though. I successfully had my first Pfizer jab yesterday after snagging a cancelled appointment. Initial appointment wasn’t until the 2nd of October! I am 35, so didn’t qualify until recently.

I wasn’t sure of my eligibility being a NSW border resident but there were no problems signing up over the phone (I did this at 7 AM on Sunday).

4 Likes

For TAS
Book an appointment: Book a vaccination appointment | Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

1 Like
3 Likes

A decent explanation from ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr why the states reporting of vaccination numbers doesnt align with the Federal numbers (that are being used for sites like Covidlive)

1 Like

First Dose Global Leaderboard

8 - ACT (80.75%)
21 - New South Wales (75.65%)
33 - Victoria (71.66%)
39 - Australia (68.18%)
51 - Tasmania (66.01%)
66 - South Australia (59.99%)
75 - Queensland (57.06%)
78 - Western Australia (56.46%)
81 - Northern Territory (54.73%)

1 Like

Interesting technique from that feed to compare states to countries.

So going by those figures, it’s safe to say that Australia’s vaccine takeup is largely being driven by the COVID-riddled South East + Tasmania, while more probably needs to be done to get jabs in arms of those who live in the largely COVID-free Northern and Western states/territory.

Yeah, but I think it also underlines the multispeed rollout we’re seeing - it shows how much heavy lifting two states do for our current figure too.

1 Like

If the South East is COVID-riddled, what do you call every other country in the world? Not trying to be a smart arse, it is no surprise that NSW, ACT and VIC have the highest rate of vaccination because it is necessary. But even today’s numbers which seem huge to us are still far better than most countries in the world.

Only on first doses though. We are still lagging on second shots, but it’s a given that we’ll meet that target in the coming weeks.

Australia is about to overtake the USA in a week (or so) on second doses (in total people) which is remarkable.

1 Like

On the flip side, it’s nice when those graphs just lump NZ in as another state for comparison’s sake.