COVID-19: News Coverage 😷

Screen caps from the ABC News Channel and ABC TV WA (via iview):

2 Likes

Spot the difference -

1 Like

not too sure if this belongs here or in the nine publishing thread. but today was the last day for the Melbourne Age/Syndey morning covid-19 live blog .or until there is another lockdown or outbreak

they might have to re-open it, depending how this pans out…

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1358362726481817601?s=20

1 Like

Some of today’s headlines.

4 Likes

How is this news?

Where is my news article when I got tested twice in one week?

1 Like

Click bait for the fact he’s so popular. If you see his tweet, it was clearly more about making sure people get tested.

3 Likes

and since there are now 2 new cases linked to the holiday inn Melbourne airport. the age and the smh have brought back there live news blog. but it could be just for the evening

Hunt’s premeditated reaction to Rowland’s question and his final smirk really are unbecoming. Suppose it will appeal to the anti ABC mob, but perhaps not the covid hoax anti vaxer mob. Such a fine line being a senior Liberal politician in the midst of the culture wars they’ve helped manufacture.

5 Likes

Urgh. The Libs are all just gross.

2 Likes

Wow what a scumbag.
Winning an election and then getting the higher pay & getting to decide what the government does isn’t enough for this lot now, instead they also want to claim their party did things which taxpayers are paying for.
Disgraceful. And not everyone is political. I’d be unhappy about this behaviour regardless of which party was in government.

6 Likes

The Daily Telegraph supporting Gladys Berejiklian’s handling of the Victorian outbreak.

Front pages of Herald Sun and The Age today.
EuDRyujU0AcMauc

A play on words that makes no sense. These law breakers were not at Mass. It wasn’t a Catholic church.

2 Likes

Maybe it wasn’t a play on words. Just a mass gathering of people

3 Likes

I hope the police throw the book at that arrogant religious nutjob.

1 Like

Melbourne. Nine interrupting tennis.

2 Likes

I still think 10 should switch to 10NF branding when they jump to breaking news or showing pressers, Studio 10 is not a news brand.

1 Like

Sunday Herald Sun reporter Olivia Jenkins and senior photographer Jake Nowakowski were arrested by police during an COVID-19 anti-vaccination protest at Melbourne’s Fawkner Park this afternoon. They were wearing accreditation cards but were detained by police and then given a notice that they may be issued with a $1652 fine for failing to comply with the Chief Health Officer’s directions. They were released after 10 minutes.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronavirus/sunday-herald-sun-journalist-photographer-arrested-at-antivax-protest-in-fawkner-park/news-story/8d4f1fa2f973d084d01b18667ca573f0

UPDATE 21/2: Victoria Police said today it would not fine the duo and had apologised to them.

Seven absolutely doing an amazing job this morning covering the vaccine rollout. Absolutely nothing from Ten or Nine.

1 Like