COVID-19: News Coverage 😷

Seven Sydney has interrupted the cricket

4 Likes

3 Likes

It was shown on Nine Melbourne also.

2 Likes

She’s an idiot. A loudmouth idiot.

6 Likes

Watching the evening news in the last few months with coronavirus material, it’s almost hard to think how less heavy the nightly news was like pre-covid.

I can imagine news services will be trying to have coronavirus as their top story and draw it out for as long as possible.

It’ll be interesting to see what the top stories are each night in 12 months time.

I also reckon that news ratings will decline once some viewers realise there’s no need to tune in anymore with no coronavirus news.

2 Likes

Today’s media conference in NSW was not covered LIVE nationally except on ABC News.

Usually at least Nine and ABC interrupt programming. ABC ran a crawler on the main channel instead.

It was covered live in NSW though.

4 Likes

Its amazing that its taken until December for this to happen - this should have been the case from early on in the pandemic.

5 Likes

I was continually surprised, especially that Nine would think people outside of Sydney would want to watch more than perhaps the first 5 minutes of a media conference let alone the 20 minutes that they were showing. Perhaps someone finally took notice of the viewer numbers.

4 Likes

Melbourne News conference - nothing on Nine

1 Like

Nine didn’t take it?

No coverage of Victorian conference by Nine Melbourne but they are taking the full NSW one !

Seven Melbourne are still on the Victorian one - while the others have switched to NSW.

2 Likes

What the hell are Nine Melbourne doing?

1 Like

Seven Adelaide is taking the local press conference from SA Health. Nine on the other hand is still doing NSW conference here in SA (and I presume most of the country).

Hey Seven, here’s an idea for you to retaliate against Nine’s promo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“While we always bring you the latest news that matters to you as they come (insert picture of SA press conference), they’re nowhere to be seen and they know it (shows Nine’s NSW conference). Seven News, proudly servicing South Australians everyday, every hour, every minute and always there for you at anytime.”

You get the point.

2 Likes

Holy shit, 10 taking a live press conference during a health crisis. That’s surely gotta be doing damage to their brand.

Are you drunk?

2 Likes

PM’s media conference this morning - only carried by ABC and partly by Seven.

3 Likes

There’s good news services, and then there are rubbish news services like 7 News.

Source:

2 Likes

Am I missing something? What’s so bad about the content from the screenshot you took of the article?

Just looks like the facts about masks to me.

1 Like

‘Someone who is dead’

6 Likes

Oh :grimacing:.

1 Like