COVID-19: News Coverage 😷

Most likely means ABC News on the East Coast might have to start a bit earlier.

1 Like
1 Like

That happened a few years ago

6 Likes

Many US late night talk shows will be filmed without a studio audience.

1 Like

Tom Hanks has been filming Baz Lurhmann’s new Elvis movie.

1 Like

Radio is doing a great job at being… relevant?

1 Like

NBA suspended

1 Like
1 Like

I’m surprised CoViD-19 wasn’t confirmed in Canberra sooner (given all the politicians, staffers and others travelling from around the country, & the world in the case of Foreign Affairs):

I know you love to engage in a good bit of speculation, but this isn’t the thread for it.

5 Likes

The news of Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson being diagnosed with the cornoavirus is having ripple-effects for Channel Nine. The Australian is reporting that the everyone involved with Today Extra’s interview of Wilson on Monday (including hosts David Campbell and Belinda Russell) have been forced into self-isolation. Details about who’ll host Today Extra in the meantime are TBC.

Additionally, Karl Stefanovic will host ACA tonight in place of Tracy Grimshaw as a precaution because she had minor surgery last week.

3 Likes

The PM is to appear at 7:00pm for the national address.

Wouldn’t it also include anyone that has come into contact with David, Belinda and pretty much anyone working with Today Extra? I’m thinking the likes of Davina Smith (who presents news updates on Today Extra) and whoever presents sports/weather (Cam Williams/Amber Sherlock)on the morning news/afternoon news would also have to self-isolate. Pretty soon this will create a chain reaction to the point that most news presenters on Nine might need to go into self-isolation.

This is an absolutely spine-chilling development for anyone working at Channel Nine Sydney at present.

5 Likes

You would think so (or get tested at the very least)

The ABC News Channel have been promoting that David Speers will host their coverage of the address from 6:55pm eastern - guessing the main channel will simulcast that

The address is probably only going to take 10 minutes maximum

3 Likes
3 Likes

How many people would come into contact with David Campbell, Belinda Russell and others involved with producing/presenting Today Extra on a daily (or at least regular) basis? My guess would’ve been many, perhaps even a majority of staff at TCN.

So we could soon be seeing Peter Overton presenting Nine News Sydney from his living room?

1 Like

Nine News with Peter Overton and Jessica Rowe? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

At some point they won’t be able to continue this, or shut down everything. There comes a breaking point as it spreads further.

1 Like

How will the PM’s address affect tonight’s primetime schedule in Sydney and Melbourne? For example, will ABC News be reduced to 20 minutes long or just start 10 minutes late?

1 Like

I would say David speers will open the bulletin and then cross to respective local bulletins.

1 Like