COVID-19: News Coverage 😷

That’s their facebook live feed thought, not boardcast coverage?

Seven Perth’s coverage of the media conference continued until 8:45pm. Nine finished when the Premiere finished at 8:36pm.

4 Likes

Melbourne conference:

4 Likes

10 should have Joe Hill or someone in Brisbane anchoring some local coverage/updates of the developments this morning and throughout the day.

Surely it wouldn’t be hard to do it from the newsroom or something, even with their skeleton staff.

2 Likes

Strange claim from Seven as the entire conference as on ABC News up to the point when the podium was empty when Seven’s coverage finished.

1 Like

I’m surprised that one of the channels hasn’t taken the opportunity to create an expert panel on Covid and have a nightly update on all that is going on in regards to Covid. Eg. Ten could convert 30 mins of its 5pm news or even the 6.30om portion of the project to being the one stop shop for all COViD updates from the day. It could be the go to spot for the latest COViD news and if one channel does it well with medical experts I’m sure it could be a success. Could even spend some time on showing how other countries are coming out of Covid etc.
News is the one thing that continues to rate consistently and whenever there is a spike or a lockdown then news numbers peak.

1 Like

10 started off with Studio 10 branding then Brisbane broke away from the network programming and stayed with the media conference with 10 News branding.

Main channel coverage on ABC in QLD.

4 Likes

Good to see.

2 Likes

So they had two Studio 10 feeds at once, at the start (talking about graphics)?

Huh?

Tv.Cynic said it started off with Studio 10 as a National feed, but then Brisbane broke away from that to air the press conference in its entirety.

I assume they joined Studio 10 again when it ended.

Was the QLD conf also at 11am?

Edit: I see, happened an hour earlier, I didn’t look that far, just looking at the timing of Cynic’s post (assumed it was also at 11am).

There was a separate feed for the Auslan interpreter, if that’s what you mean. But when it was just Brisbane that was lost.

It did return to Studio 10 after an ad break.

QLD was at 10am and NSW at 11am.

Chris Uhlmann a tad upset with the Queensland government.

I’d say viewer fatigue. Viewers especially in lockdown want to hear about things other than Covid.

2 Likes

Bianca Stone from Sunrise received quite the clap back from Anastacia this morning :rofl:

2 Likes

Melissa anchored Nine’s coverage this morning in QLD. No anchor for Seven.

2 Likes

Orange alert from Seven and red from 10.

4 Likes

Saturday

2 Likes