COVID-19: Melbourne/Greater Victoria Re-Opens

so if the health minister and the premier both think there are cases out there with people having it and don’t know they have got it why don’t they start doing asymptomatic testing? but yet if we don’t have any more cases and cases of an unknown source ie Coumminty Transmission by Friday according to epidemiologists we would have eradication

3 Likes

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than locking this topic.

Well done, Victoria.

33 Likes
1 Like

:roll_eyes:

There goes all of the toilet paper in Melbourne.

Also a good alternative to toilet paper are issues of the Herald Sun newspaper

11 Likes

Time to suspend hotel quarantine, it’s not working well enough and safely enough.

4 Likes

Nothing gives me less satisfaction than seeing this topic reopened.

5 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if the lockdown is for the whole state or just Metropolitan Melbourne. If it’s just Metropolitan Melbourne, I guess we’ll see the ring of steel return.

1 Like

Victoria will enter a five day lockdown from 11:59pm tonight until 11:59pm Wednesday, 17th February 2021.

The four reasons to leave home return, along with the 5km travel restriction.

3 Likes

Whole state this time.

1 Like

Stage 4 too. Kind of reminiscent of SA’s lockdown back in November, both announced around three days after first local case.

3 Likes

My concern about the 5k radius and it applying to Regional Victoria is more remote areas of Victoria. In my opinion, Dan should had returned to the Ring of Steel system that has been used back in August.
Plus for some who live near the border, since Gladys does not have any checkpoints. They can just go into NSW where restrictions do not apply.

2 Likes

I think so. Shove return travellers into Howard Springs and other such facilities.

1 Like

Daniel Andrews press release:

The lockdown details

3 Likes

Daniel Andrews used the lockdowns in Brisbane and Perth as comparison, but the stage 4 lockdown measures are more like South Australia.

1 Like

The Premier said that you can go further than the 5 km radius if you need to get essentials which you can’t obtain within that range, and need those essentials before Thursday.

1 Like

Yeah, same as before @Dani-Chan