COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

Hate to say it but WA might be changing its border controls sooner rather than later considering the Northern Beaches cluster has increased significantly:

Sydney outbreak has grown to 17 cases, according to Seven News Melbourne.

1 Like

read the post above yours
Following consultation with NSW Health, WA’s Chief Health Officer has provided updated advice to the WA Government on our controlled interstate border.

Due to the evolving situation in NSW, the State Government is taking immediate steps to further protect WA. https://t.co/b140OghVUV

I mean more than what was just announced

Bloody hell. Here we go again :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Expect all states and territories to now issue travel warnings etc.

I reckon they have no clue where this has come from. People and governments will panic. God help us all of that happens. They need to clamp down on this quick smart.

17 is a huge outbreak.

A shame they weren’t lucky this time around, but I’m not surprised at these numbers considering the sheer volume of venues that the 2 individuals that started the cluster had visited in prior days.

1 Like

This is a disaster. What a mess!

1 Like

In the grand scheme of things, this is very small compared to what happened in Victoria and other parts of the world. You’ll be right. Calm down. Welcome to 2020.

Gold standard

7 Likes

Me? I’m fine. I don’t live there lol.

Hey look - it’s why WA were smart to keep border declarations in place unlike certain posters were pushing on here - they know exactly where and how to contact those who were in NSW.

Probably couldn’t scale to states that share the large land borders - but it has proved its worth here

5 Likes

It’ll be very interesting to see how border restrictions play out in comparison to the SA outbreak now that we’re up to 17 cases. Noticed quite a bit of grumbling and claiming of double standards on McGowan’s social media since the announcement made an hour ago relation to travellers from NSW (considering that people arriving from SA are still subject to 14 days self-isolation until at least Christmas Day).

I could well be wrong (and I expect if so I’ll be proven so in the next 24 hours) but I feel like there’s potential for an element of empathy relating to Christmas gatherings that wasn’t present with past outbreaks when border closures were stepped up that might be a factor in the decisions made by state governments in the next 24-48 hours.

2 Likes

Maybe nsw can close off the spit and wakehurst parkway in frneches forest and no one can get through and leave the rest of us alone.

I recommend one of these:

Dome_2

8 Likes

I guess the Federal Government/NSW Government smugness is now wiped from their faces. It just shows that no one is invincible. Gold standard or not.

Statement from NSW Premier

Can’t believe the outbreak has grown so quickly.