COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

Schools and universities and some work places have 500 or more people but they havenā€™t cancelled this. The government are idiots. Schools and University are not essential; they can cancel them for a bit and deliver lessons online.

As for scott the moron going to the footballā€¦ heā€™s a fool.

6 Likes

I think itā€™s the first time since World War II that the Sydney Royal Easter Show has been cancelled.
Still waiting an announcement from the AFL regarding this weekendā€™s AFLW matches - Geelong is playing North Melbourne tonight.

Exactly. There is such a thing as home schooling/university.

True, but we already knew that!

Correct, although for some historical context the event was also cancelled in 1918 due to Spanish Flu.

3 Likes

I feel this is to appease whinging parents who will complain they canā€™t look after their children. Well thatā€™s their problem. Why should they be impacting everyone elseā€™s health for their convenience. Clearly they see schools as a child care service.

3 Likes

1 Like

Screenshot_20200313-171304~2

Seven have banned guests from all productions/sites until further notice, no doubt that every other network will be quick to follow suit soon:

3 Likes

Have any Mediaspiers been infected yet?

Is there a prize for the first COVID-19 member?

1 Like

Reports that round 2 will be held in closed stadiums. Not sure why they arenā€™t doing it for this weekend.

So Scott Morrison can still go to see the Sharks game (and not look like a massive hypocrite) probably.

5 Likes

Dutton has itā€¦

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Brilliant

6 Likes

Is this what spurred the government on to announce the measures this afternoon?

1 Like

No, it was always going to happen

1 Like
1 Like

The NRL Round 2 will be played behind closed doors, same goes for AFLW from tomorrow.

1 Like

Its not funny.

My work just sent out a text to all staff:

COVID-19 Update: With global events now unfolding quickly weā€™ve decided to move to full work from home arrangements for Aus-based office staff from Mon 16 March, with some exceptions.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Round 1 afl season will go ahead as usual, but with zero spectators in stadiums.

1 Like