COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

Confusion in the UK.

But then later:

Various people are asking why he had a justification for something he later said was wrong.

There is a now a fourth case in SA: a man in his 50s who was a close contact of the 81-year-old man who returned from Argentina.

Queensland has revealed three new cases: one locally acquired and two in hotel quarantine.

1 Like

Good to hear itā€™s linked so far.

Certain countries around the world have either approved certain vaccines for children or have started vaccination for those age groups.

In regards to mental health during the pandemic:

And this has to be ridiculousā€¦

A post was merged into an existing topic: COVID-19: SA Outbreak

A post was merged into an existing topic: COVID-19: SA Outbreak

The flu has been in Australia for I donā€™t know how many years, over 100 I guess.

Yet COVID-19 seems to be circulating mainly in metropolitan cities (assuming because itā€™s from overseas and thatā€™s where the big airports are), you donā€™t see news about 40 cases in Townsville, 60 cases in Darwin or 30 cases in Broome.
You donā€™t even hear about cases in Bundaberg or Rockhampton itā€™s all down in SE Qld. I think weā€™ve had some last year though. Yes the population is sparse up here and spread out so that helps .

So whatā€™s stopping the virus from getting to regional areas because although the borders are closed the road is still open between Brisbane and Central and North Qldā€¦ I assume the lockdown in Qld they had recently forbids travelling to regional areas?

Iā€™m on this site and it says

If you are currently in an impacted area you can leave your home for any purpose. However, you must continue to wear a face mask wherever you go to within Queensland.

So someone could have it and then travel to a regional city and spread it .

You mostly answered your own question.

2 Likes

So the lockdown map is almost a reverse image of what it was 3 weeks ago. In June it was WA, NT, Qld and NSW that had lockdowns, now its Vic and SA.

ACT and Tas look out, covid wants to spread itself all over the canvas.

health.gov releases this data;

2 things stand out to me; only 28% of 70-74ā€™s are fully vaccinated? thatā€™s doesnā€™t sound good after being eligible for an accessible vaccine for so many months. 73% have had one dose, maybe a lot of them got the first dose before the AGAGI advice and have been scared off from getting their second since?

and how is NSW still one of the least vaccinated states? only WA is lower. Didnā€™t NSW get an advance of 300k pfizer doses? youā€™d think having covid on your doorstep for an extended period would be a motivating factor.

3 Likes

Northern NSW seems to be the hotbed of anti-vax areas. Not just Covid, but even standard childhood vaccination.

1 Like

Itā€™s just the 3 month lag between doses. If you got it in April you would only be getting to your next dose now. Itā€™s why the 40-49 age group for example has a higher percentage of second doses than 50-69 because the 40-49 cohort would be mostly Pfizer and can get fully vaccinated quicker.

I think itā€™s great that around 75% of over 70s have at least got the first jab.

1 Like

Size of the population is a big factor and a number of states with better percentages also have older-skewing populations (the ACT are approaching 50% vaccination rate for 1 dose, but their 50+ population is almost 50%)

Itā€™s worth noting that the Health Dept weekly vaccine report indicates that NSW has fully utilised their vaccine allocation

1 Like

What about ethnic groups too? Sydney has millions of people
Not born in Australia

At least here in UK vaccine take up is lowest (by far) in ethnic groups. London has the lowest take up in the whole country because of this

Also could Sky News loving trig hugging vaccine hating northern Nsw factor into low NSW vaccine numbers?

1 Like

Its possible, but we dont have enough data to confirm that.

1 Like

So far the COVID + woman who travelled to Queensland hasnā€™t resulted in any local cases with 0 local cases recorded yesterday. Possibly being vaccinated as made her potentially less infectious. 2 cases in HQ.

Is it just me or has the federal government has gone missing this week? Where is the Prime Minster?

He did some radio this morningā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sure the FM stations are asking him the hard and difficult questions.

2 Likes