COVID-19: Discussion (2022 Onwards)

Also allows for some tracking of the outbreak - especially if its a self-administered RAT.

BBL Outbreak
https://twitter.com/cricketcomau/status/1476750331933446147

2 Likes

With the new definition of “close contacts” being announced - meaning they only really relate to household type settings, why do we still need QR code check ins at retail and hospitality venues?

They seem a bit pointless to me, other than being to advise you to monitor for symptoms from an exposure site (which is the new rule anyway in most states).

Have I missed something with that?

Indoor mask mandates returning in the NT from 6pm tonight

Looks like NSW may drop the check-ins again soon

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/nsw-to-scrap-qr-codes-again-as-covid19-infections-surge/news-story/188cdca49c8ff358db65f39a480c56d1

That’s good news from my perspective.

1 Like

How many people still check in every time they go somewhere?

As i posted earlier today.

The only potential use in Queensland is to theoretically check vaccination status for no vital services.

1 Like

I do

1 Like

Its returned to being a requirement in NSW - but the few places I’ve been since haven’t had anyone checking

What, after a week? Are these people serious?

Stop touching the rules!

I still do. Can’t speak for NSW, but I’m noticing that basically everyone still checks into retail stores in Victoria. Well that’s the case in my area anyway.

4 Likes

They’ve rehashed the talking points from the last time they removed them - swear that statement word for word was made earlier in the month

Not that I am leaving home a great deal these days, trying to avoid doing so as much as possible, but when I do I generally observe people still complying with checking in.

3 Likes

Are QR check-ins still required in Victoria?

With exception to rural / regional WA, I believe this means indoor mask mandates are now applicable nationwide.

I do.

1 Like

Most people in the parts of Brisbane I have seen seem to use the check in app.

1 Like

Yeah, they’re still mandatory.

I honestly thought that compliance would have reduced in recent months because of fatigue regarding restrictions, but it still seems to be at a similar level as before (from what I’ve observed anyway).

2 Likes

NSW lost that on 15 Dec, only for our government to backflip a week later. They don’t know if they’re coming or going.

2 Likes

Yes, the NSW Govt is in the Gold Medal position for government gymnastics with all the backflips they are doing.

1 Like

Not surprised, at this point of time with NSWs case numbers, check-ins are nothing more than a placebo.
It’ll be interesting to see if they backflip once again once case numbers start to burn out.