Corporate

Sonder Novak-Booth, currently executive producer of Hit Network’s Carrie and Tommy Drive show, joins the ranks of SCA’s content directors nationally and is promoted to a new role as content director – national shows.

Mickey Maher, currently head of music for SCA across the Hit and Triple M networks, will extend his responsibilities to also become group content director – provincial, working closely with the local content directors in SCA’s key Gold Coast, Newcastle, Hobart, and Canberra markets.

1 Like

SCA are consistent in being inconsistent.

From group regional programmer to one per brand and back again.

What role is Mike Fitzpatrick ending up in? SCA quiet on making a public announcement.

2 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes

…iHeartRadio brands featured in three major Sydney events each year, including Sydney Christmas, Sydney Lunar Festival, and Sydney New Year’s Eve.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

If this were to happen, then ARN would have to sell some regional stations that they’ve just acquired due to the media diversity rules, mainly from smaller markets like Bega, Nowra, Muswellbrook & Murray Bridge, where Seven now owns a TV licence in those markets.

Given that SCA are keen to offload its TV licences, I could see them acquire radio stations in Bega, Nowra & Murray Bridge in exchange (hello MMM & Hit), whilst someone like GSL Media (the new owners of Mix & Sea Sunshine Coast) could acquire 2NM & Power FM in Muswellbrook.

If Seven were to acquire the SCA TV licence in Tasmania, then SCA could acquire all the ARN stations in the state (exc 7HO Hobart). Same for Regional SA (exc Riverland), as well as Darwin.

2 Likes

If SCA offload their TV licences, ARN/Seven wouldn’t have a diversity problem in Bundaberg, Rockhampton and Mackay.

1 Like

Oh yes, I forgot to take the SCA’s selling off of TV licences into consideration for those markets. :man_facepalming:

I’ve fixed my original post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nikki Rooke has quit as SCA national head of radio sales after five years in the role, and joined Nine Entertainment as director of sales – Sydney.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Bye, bye, bye, bye.

Poor value for ARN, never leveraged much value for them

2 Likes

It’s over. 4KQ sold for $11.9M HT&E announcement to ASX

8:40am.

At least ARN didn’t get what they were hoping for it. Missed by a quarter.

1 Like

11.9x EBIT is very high. 6-8x is more common for radio stations.
It shows just how little 4KQ was making for a top rating station.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

So Nova have not removed the HR problem that is implied amongst industry discussion outlets yet staff are too intimidated to mention?

Truth is an absolute defence to defamation, staff safety is most certainly in the public interest, therefore staff and publishers/web admins remain intimidated.

2 Likes