Community Radio

Who did you contact at Harmony? Where was the bad experience you had with Harmony? What gives you the impression Harmony is not working with people? I am hearing you have never been in contact with anyone at Harmony. We have numerous people here at Harmony who love the station. You were with the other station as well WHCR (you did not mention that did you), our people actually spoke with the guy there. Harmony now has a Senior’s licence and our music programs are tailored to suit our Seniors interest. Since we received this licence hundreds of members have come to us and love the station. We have the Mayor on air, we have the local news, the Member for the Hawkesbury is on air next week so many are coming to Harmony. Harmony FM is one great station and is very professional. Tune to 89.9 on Wednesday or online our stream will be working www.harmonyfm.com.au. Sorry, the other station you say is Starter FM, I have never heard of it as a station on the spectrum. Good luck with what ever you are doing.

1 Like

What a joke.

That area has been a mess for a long time re community radio. Might be worth the licence going silent for a few years until some adults could get interested rather than ex commercial hacks or wannabe broadcasters and remember it’s a community station supposed to be serving the community.

12 Likes

You mentioned you had been reading this forum for a while, then you would have seen me mention a few times about my involvement with WHCR FM and Joeseph Safi, and how I left that group early last year.

1 Like

There seems to be a real lack of harmony…
Too soon? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A couple of other Community Radio topics:

• 92.5 Music FM - Moss Vale. I’ve been noting over recent weeks frequent periods (often many hours) where there’s no music (program) content going to air, just an open carrier. Has been the case at the times I’ve tuned in today as well. Any of our readers here know what the problem is at Music FM?
  • Noted today that Sydney’s: 98.5 Radio Two Thousand’s website is down. Was operational last year. Whilst their Facebook site is functional there’s no program schedule available there unfortunately.
4 Likes

Yes noticed that today too, could only get 702 Sydney on 92.5 Gosford.

Most of the time when I receive Music fm they are just running automation, playing music with station ID’s. Not providing the service they are licenced too. Are they still in the process of relaunching???

I actually receive Music fm better then Highlands fm at my location in NW Sydney, considering Highlands is at 320w V 200w for music fm. Highlands fm is vertically polarised whereas Music fm uses mixed polarisation which is better received by my outdoor Omni fm antenna.

3 Likes

I’m hoping @oRiCLe can tell us more.
But having said that looking at his website, he may no longer be the Technical Manager or on the board of Music FM any longer.
Tenure listed from Sept 2019 - Dec 2020
This might explain the frequent periods of no programming on air past couple
of months? But that’s pure speculation on my part…

I can’t recall the last time I heard programming with a live announcer on Music FM.

I receive 107.1 stronger than 92.5, but that’s probably due to a combo of power & antenna used here. Currently hearing a mix of Portland & Gosford when Music FM nulled.

4 Likes

Here is a short video of 92.5 broadcasting dead air as received locally.

4 Likes

I am getting the same here, no signal at all for music fm, and a mix of RN Portland and 92.5 Gosford.Since I realigned my fm antenna I now get 2CR on 94.1 unless tropo from Gosford enhances Today’s Country.
Not bad for a 200w service over 150km way, the altitude of that site helps it get out.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes distinctive hum. Still the case today too.

Re Harmony FM 89.9 in the Hawkesbury region of Sydney.
I posted an RDS update in the RDS forum.

Yes thanks @Graham_Webb Now have most of our answers. Good to see the change.

Noted listening from 8 to 9am ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ program by Sandy Kaye. Is this a regular segment on Harmony FM? Is listed on their Facebook site, but not the website. Good to see the Facebook site updated regularly.

UPDATE: March 4, 2021
MusicFM 92.5 back on air :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s never too soon for a great joke such as that.

2 Likes

Receiving the new RDS for Hawkesbury Radio at my location it displays:
Hawk89.9
Scrolling. Text; Song Request Text Line - 0427 899899
Studio Hotline 45899899
The ORIGINAL Hawkesbury Radio 89.9fm serving the community for over 40 years!

I wonder if they are using a new transmitter now they are running RDS. Signal is by far the strongest of all the aspirants it is causing some splatter onto 2NBC.

RE Music fm I am receiving it but it is not as strong as before. It use to dominate 92.5, now there are three weak signals of equal strength on top of each other, 92.5 Gosford, RN Portland, and Music fm, not listenable unlike before.

4 Likes

The following community radio stations were provided with CBF grants for transmitter related expenses in 2020/2021 year.

2BBB $30k to replace Dorrigo TX
3HOT $41k to purchase equipment for Ouyen 90.7MHz
4RGL Fresh FM Gladstone, Qld - TX upgrade
103.5 Orange $40K for TX expenses

2RPH was granted $331k for total expenses

4 Likes

Is 92.5 Music fm off air again?

Some enhancements from the Southern Highlands this afternoon but 92.5 is a mix of Central Coast / RN Portland.

1 Like

Fresh FM Gladstone. The only community station in town and the Breakfast show is voice tracked from Coffs Harbour :hushed:

4 Likes

What local shifts do they have then? You’d think breakfast would be one of them.

I actually have no idea outside Breakfast. Presumedly they’d have some local as they’d have a hard time trying to justify their broadcast licence.

Luke and Susie on their schedule is a syndicated show.

2 Likes

Yes, broadcasting dead air right now. Has been happening since yesterday

Nothing from their program guide suggests much, if any in the way of local programming

2 Likes

Maybe they’re claiming the sponsorships are local like a certain Canberra TV Broadcaster after they ripped their News division apart.

1 Like