Community Radio

I did notice an o/c on 98.5 whilst on the Mid North Coast but assumed it was a birdie/something jamming my receiver.

3 Likes

All good, I thought it might have been something like that.

2 Likes

There’s no audio on the carrier, but RDS is still there, so it’s not a totally unmodulated carrier.

3 Likes

At 10.25pm there’s now southern US/African Blues/Hillybilly music now on 98.5 Radio 2OOO.
Not sure when modulated baseband (0-15kHz) content resumed. We’ll check tomorrow to determine if normal programming has resumed…

UPDATE: 19/9 6.30AM AEST can now hear CRI programming (China gov voice) on Radio 2OOO so they are now back to either usual programming or some kind of alternative interim feed.

4 Likes

Pulse FM 89.9 has been suffering from more audio dropouts on air then normal (They have an audio glitch which causes the audio to drop out every 2-3mins for a second), I wonder if the heat is causing issues.

They also have a new website (pulse899fm.com.au). RIP (pulsefmradio.com.au)

6 Likes

Much earlier this morning there was no audio at all from them…

2 Likes

Does anyone know if they have moved transmission sites yet?

I am assuming not as no change in signal strength here.

1 Like

I heard or read somewhere that the council helped them sort out a new site…

3 Likes

Rough time? I’ll see if I can pull the audio from the FM logger

10321.cloudrad.io:9054/monitor

The link above is a stream of this nice sounding FM transceiver I managed to hook up that’s been recording for months… listen anytime and compare it to whatever audio you may be receiving on your DX rig

Be interesting to hear what was happening before it dropped out :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

No idea. Although coincidentally I was pondering if the loss of studio audio might have been related to the intended future tx site move since it is the first time I had noted an extended period of silence from them (noted over a few hours at least). Maybe not as no change in signal stregth here either. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Folks may recall that when 2BACR changed it’s name to ‘Connect FM’ there were some comments where we thought it was a great name for a Community (FM) radio station.

Skipping ahead to present time I note that 5TCB has very recently also changed its name to Connect FM.

Images of their logo’s & news can be found on their existing Facebook page & new website address below.

https://connectfm.com.au/

@Radiohead during your recent trip to SA/Vic border were they identifying as 5TCB or Connect FM? It seams the name change happened just 2 to 3 days ago.
Probably their RDS has also been updated if anyone has any updates?

4 Likes

Last week when I was in SA, on air and RDS was both 5TCB

3 Likes

Thought it’d be best to post this here, but in relation to the discussion in the DX thread about 2HHH Hornsby & their signal strength.

Their web site says they are back on air at low power as their transmitter woes continue.

Also have their studios always been at Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre 25 Edgeworth David Avenue, Hornsby, I thought they were at Waitara?

Also looks like their licence was renewed in mid July this year, these transmitter issues have been going on longer than this haven’t they, though the documentation to ACMA for licence renewal has to be done months out for the renewal date.
And I notice on their licence it says the transmitter site is 10 Romsey St, WAITARA NSW with an antenna height of 30m. This address is a block of units which looks about 10 stories high, so that would be a little over 30m high, & then again I thought their transmitter location was on the other side of the railway line behind 1 Romsey St Waitara have they moved it, is that what’s causing the transmitter issues, incorrect installation at new site?

More questions than answers with this one.

6 Likes

According to ACMA’s RRL for the licence, 2HHH’s licence was last renewed in July 2021, and is due to expire in July 2026.

3 Likes

Not the one I’m looking at on the ACMA RRL https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/licence_search.licence_lookup?pLICENCE_NO=1170568/1

3 Likes

My guess would be, one is the Community License and the other one is the Transmission License

3 Likes

Yep one is the BSL & one is the apparatus license, the one I linked to & was just a couple of months ago renewed & I think changed is the actual transmission apparatus license.

3 Likes

Wow FM 100.7 seems to be buying ad time on Foxtel’s Aurora. I saw a slide being shown (I guess between infomercials) promoting a request show.

3 Likes
3 Likes

SYN and our community have just six weeks to save our station or face closing our doors for good.
To stay on the air, we need you to donate now: https://t.co/rg8cgf81Qv
Without your support, SYN will close its doors forever, destroying a crucial community for young people. pic.twitter.com/nn0mfysDzL

— SYN (@synmedia) October 3, 2023

4 Likes