Community Radio

2 Likes

What’s your obsession with “little dark age” @Leo_Puglisi6? I see you post about it often on Twitter. What is it?

2 Likes

Dunno tbh. Never heard of it until he requested the song . Anything goes on Wednesday nights with DT!

Your voice, your station. Apple 98.5 :green_apple:

3 Likes

It was before my time there but apparently it wasn’t as good as Horsley Park. I think they were limited to using a vertical whip and the transmitter wasn’t well protected from the weather.

4 Likes

2NSB is mixed these days. Still doesn’t entirely get over Brock on the home set-up.

4 Likes

Thanks, good to know. I reckon I’d still get B-ROCK in Oatley as well, aiming west.

I have never heard 2NSB in Bungendore so that’s why I assumed vertical pol. B-ROCK is weak enough aiming towards Sydney (Mount Ovens is about 10 degrees north; Sydney is further round between 45-50 degrees NE).

2 Likes

Completely different for me, just up the road, 2NSB with full RDS and no hint of Brock no matter what way I point my fm antenna.

2 Likes

One hill makes a lot of difference. Not a trace of Rheema Gosford under PowerFM which is permanent 3 bars with RDS. 2HHH is buried by Bathurst also.

3 Likes

So they use a stacked array to get the ERP to spec?

2 Likes

Yes, a 16 bay RFS half wave spaced, mixed polarization side-mount array, that can be split into upper & lower halves (8 bay each).

3 Likes
3 Likes

Clinton Maynard and Marcus Paul both volunteered at 2SSR on their way to commercial success.

4 Likes

Checking out 4CRB on DAB this morning, I wonder why they give the time on Norfolk Island in their time checks.

3 Likes

SWR has played Let’s Go by Wang Chung twice this morning.

Yesterday they played Only the Good Die Young twice.

What’s going on?

3 Likes

Either there’s some massive tropo happening or maybe 99.9 Pines FM on Norfolk take some of their programming?

Speaking of remote islands, has anyone ever heard Lord Howe Island on 100.1? I think they only run about 30-50 watts maximum. I am just under 1000 km from Lord Howe, so it might be possible via Es. It might just get to North Brother lookout in exceptional tropo.

1 Like

Maybe Busco has been on leave. He programs the music as well.

2 Likes

Mackay’s My 105 (105.9 FM) still have on air their 95.9 Sarina relay.
The entry in ACMA’s list has been missing for a while though.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this mentioned yet or unsure when it happened (likely earlier this year). But it looks like these days Christian community radio station Juice 107.3 on the Gold Coast is now in a “Co-Mission” relationship with Hope Media based in Sydney.

Similar to the model setup for 96five in Brisbane, and Salt FM on the Sunshine Coast, some management functions of the station are now overseen by Hope Media. It also looks like the Board is partially comprised of a number of members who are also on the boards of Hope 103.2, 96five Brisbane and Salt FM Sunshine Coast.

It looks like their only program is Luke and Susie, which although is a syndicated program to other stations, seems to originate from the Gold Coast (Susie has been appointed the station manager there).

3 Likes

Sounds like they are forming a network when they aren’t forming a network
“nothing to see here Mr ACMA”

3 Likes

No its a community station. Not a network. It’s a partnership.

What does it matter to the ACMA anyway?

1 Like