Community Radio

89.9 Hawkesbury Radio back to their stronger signal & RDS.

4 Likes

Albayan Radio back on 107.9MHz from July 1st to 14th broadcasting from
Hurstville (Syd.), NSW. Is in mono. Language is mostly Arabic, but thereā€™s
some English.

3 Likes

Thanks, good to know, Iā€™ll probably not be able to receive it here but Iā€™ll give it a try.

2 Likes

Nice write up on Air News in Radiotoday. I know a few stations mentioned here like Braidwood FM take it.

Seems to be more professional, polished and less politically focused as opposed to National Radio News from CSU Bathurst but you have to start somewhere.

4 Likes

Recommended listening for interviews, news & music from rock bands of the 70ā€™s & 80ā€™s.

A Breath of Fresh Air presented by Sandy Kaye 11am - Noon on Harmony FM 89.9 Hawkesbury, NSW.

2 Likes

ACMA finds Consortium of Australian Media Services Inc (WHCR FM) to not have be Representing community interest.

I wonder how this will affect there license ambitions and Vibe FM (Which is basically WHCR).

https://www.acma.gov.au/publications/2022-07/report/bi-589-whcr-investigation-report-july-2022

3 Likes

Canā€™t say Iā€™m surprised. The whole thing is a mess down there.

2 Likes

OMG that was an entertaining read. ACMA certainly didnā€™t hold back.

Me neither. It was only a matter of time & probably deservingly of the criticism given what Iā€™ve heard on-air & the reports read here about them in this forum. One wonders why they bother? Perhaps the guy behind CAMS/WHCR should consider a LPON or a hobby HPON SW broadcast licence to play with? Those licences, or more likely the later, might be more in keeping with his interests rather than a (temporary) FM community broadcast licence.
What do others think?

4 Likes

No, the guy should have nothing, he is a fraud, and at present heā€™s got a large number of LPONs in his name, simply for hoarding them. I say this has been a good kick up the preverbial for Mr Joseph Safi. Iā€™m pulling no punches; being frank, because the government, ACMA, and nor anybody else seem to not want to do anything about this situation, so Iā€™m not affraid to call this slimy grub out on his questionable activities.

3 Likes

ACMA have now officially called for applicants to apply for the full time licence in the Windsor RA1 area.

Hopefully all this mess and drama will be over and done with soon.

5 Likes

It should never, ever have gotten into the mess in the first place. Community radio can be a nasty business.

5 Likes

Is StarterFM going for it?

1 Like

We will see, we want to be apart of the scene not matter what, so we are looking into our options, stay tuned :wink:

3 Likes

Good luck!

WOW Hawkesbury Radio the second time breached, they lost their licence then another breach
for the same thing as a temporary licence holder. Bloody ridiculous.
Breach of paragraph 9(2)(c)(i) [the licensee will encourage
community participation in the operations of the service]

https://www.acma.gov.au/sites/default/files/2022-04/BI-564-Hawkesbury-Radio-Investigation-report.pdf

2 Likes

I wonder if this breach will affect their chances of gaining a permanent licence?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Starter FM & Hawkesbury Radio with the help of the CBAA is conducting a 5min survey on the current status of community broadcasting in the Hawkesbury area.

Click the link below to have your say.

https://survey.alchemer.eu/s3/90465274/7b5f5b38336e

2 Likes

Looks like a good survey. I donā€™t think I should do the survey as I donā€™t live in the regionā€¦ But good initiative !

3 Likes

@RFBurns Sad to read planning to move to Mt Elliot isnā€™t happening now. Whatā€™s happened to result in this decision?

1 Like