Community Radio

I can hear 2WEB in Coffs Harbour at the headlands during the day using my big loop AM antenna.

3 Likes

Problems for 4ZZZ tonight - currently just transmitting a tone.

1 Like

Amazing then that 2WEB used to be on 576 as well.
No wonder they had to move to 585.

I reckon it would have been mid 1980s when the frequency change occurred.

1 Like

I think 2WEB was daytime only when it was on 576. Some of our more mature members might wish to confirm that.

1 Like

Yes I can confirm that. I think the change came some time in the late 80’s

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABCTV/status/1092996303229833216

1 Like

That’s an excellent initiative!

No sign of any station on 1197 today in Brisbane - no idea how long it’s been like that.

2 Likes

Transmitter blew the arse out of its Power Supply and it is in the process of been fixed…
So for the moment it is DAB and Online only… Funny enough there has been no messages about the AM been Off-Air

3 Likes

Yes, you’d think there would be some announcement or updates about when AM will be back on.

Not even sure when it will be fixed, and that’s the issue

2 Likes

Save the bills and remain on digital only.

Highland FM Bowral presenter got his station’s frequency wrong.

Twice.

He said “You’re listening to Highland FM on 104.7 FM, uuh let me check that, yes that’s right, 104.7 FM”.

It has ALWAYS only ever been on 107.1 to my knowledge. Where he got that from I’ll never know.

3 Likes

I think they actually tested on 106.5 in the 80s!

One of my father’s friends from school was actually the president of Highland FM for several years; he made a blog about the experience which is quite amusing at times.
It’s now removed but you can still access it through Archive.org

2 Likes

The breakfast hosts from Hope 103.2 Sydney won the trophy on Pointless last night but were unable to win the jackpot with their answers scoring 1 and 4 points.

1 Like

HHH fm is off air. My favourite shows are on tonight🤥. Power outage. Nevermind, poor old hornsby no power tonight. The district has had a few power outages of late.

1 Like

Embarrassing?

Power is back.

1197 still dead air at the moment. Went for a little tour of Long Pocket this morning just out of curiosity but not much to see there. There’s actually quite a bit of electrical noise in the AM band when you’re right at the TX site - something is definitely getting power around there, even if it isn’t the transmitter

1 Like

Are they still called BYR - Brisbane Youth Radio? The Facebook page isn’t appearing anymore.