Community Radio

vision has started on 1503 am in brisbane

1 Like

1503… That’s a new one, never been used in SE QLD before to my knowledge.

I’ll have to look up the transmitter location when I get a chance.

I think the use of this frequency for SE QLD is only made possible after 2BS in Bathurst had vacated the frequency last month after it had converted to FM.

1 Like

It’s on 1053 :grin:

2 Likes

it is. massive case of fat fingers there

2 Likes

It would definitely be the case, yes.

According to their website, their broadcast area covers 130,000 sq km.

2 Likes

I was receiving usable coverage of 2WEB in Gulgong two Sundays ago. Amazing coverage when I plotted the distance from my location to the TX site. 420km. They’re 10kW DA after a new TX was commissioned about a decade ago.

Interesting how far 576 covers too, RN from Prestons in Sydney, 215km to the SE over rocky terrain and still strong.

On AM 1053 in Brisbane, hasn’t it been airing the Vision program for some months now? Prior to that it was Indian.

I can hear 2WEB in Coffs Harbour at the headlands during the day using my big loop AM antenna.

3 Likes

Problems for 4ZZZ tonight - currently just transmitting a tone.

1 Like

Amazing then that 2WEB used to be on 576 as well.
No wonder they had to move to 585.

I reckon it would have been mid 1980s when the frequency change occurred.

1 Like

I think 2WEB was daytime only when it was on 576. Some of our more mature members might wish to confirm that.

1 Like

Yes I can confirm that. I think the change came some time in the late 80’s

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABCTV/status/1092996303229833216

1 Like

That’s an excellent initiative!

No sign of any station on 1197 today in Brisbane - no idea how long it’s been like that.

2 Likes

Transmitter blew the arse out of its Power Supply and it is in the process of been fixed…
So for the moment it is DAB and Online only… Funny enough there has been no messages about the AM been Off-Air

3 Likes

Yes, you’d think there would be some announcement or updates about when AM will be back on.

Not even sure when it will be fixed, and that’s the issue

2 Likes

Save the bills and remain on digital only.

Highland FM Bowral presenter got his station’s frequency wrong.

Twice.

He said “You’re listening to Highland FM on 104.7 FM, uuh let me check that, yes that’s right, 104.7 FM”.

It has ALWAYS only ever been on 107.1 to my knowledge. Where he got that from I’ll never know.

3 Likes