Common Sense

I was much the same. Love Gogglebox but this just didn’t do it for me. Too forced and too stagey. We know Gogglebox is staged too but it seems to carry it off a lot better than this.

Really enjoyed this. LOL’d more than a few times. The casting is great. Hope it maintains this level of funny. Most of those that i know who also watched, also enjoyed.

Really? I found them quite annoying and irritating. They also felt to me like they were playing up to the cameras a lot more than most of the others.

I think they could have situations where a barmen has a couple of regular customers he discusses these things with, even taxi drivers get regular customers (particularly the elderly who will often call up the same taxi driver each week to get too and form the shops) so it would be pretty easily done to have some recurring people in those scenarios. It would also feel more natural with someone in a taxi or sitting at a bar reading their phone and news to then bring up discussions, compared to hairdressers holding out their phone midway doing someone’s hair.

I was actually wondering if Common Sense isn’t as big a hit (which I don’t think it will be)and finishes up after a season if they will put any of the more interesting characters from it on Gogglebox. I think the older trio would be great on Gogglebox.

2 Likes

Discussion continued from ratings area

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/thursday-6-july-2017/3179/18?u=tv.cynic

Suggestion that some of the workplaces could move the discussion to the lunch/break room.

I’m thinking it could add to the interest and make it more real. Getting lunch out of the refrigerator, using the microwave, sink etc - and some interesting workplace notices in the background. Would definitely need a water cooler :slight_smile: It might also deflect criticism like “doesn’t anyone work?” and “why is the butcher reading the paper while cutting up meat?” etc.

1 Like

That’s where most conversations would be happening between workmates. Otherwise the conversations would more likely be happening with their customers in those locations.

Admittedly I was thinking the same thing. Some of the more interesting characters from Common Sense would probably make for great Goggleboxers in the future, even if the spin-off program isn’t a big hit.

Jesus B’day :slight_smile:

I noticed that none of the radios shown were digital :frowning:

1 Like

Do you think most of Australia has a digital radio?

It was OK. Prefer Gogglebox. Maybe mix some of the people from this into the new season. Definitely get rid of the old men marketing team and the two old guys at home doing sweet fa.

Biggest pile of shit to debut this week, which says a lot on the back of Behave Yourself. Completely missed the mark in trying to replicate the success and charm of Gogglebox. The real estate agents were particularly aggravating with their hammed up fake shtick.

The first episode is repeated tonight after Have You Been Paying Attention?.

And it was on Eleven last night too.

I don’t understand why so many criticised it. I think it has potential to become as popular as Gogglebox.

It may need some tweaking so some of the work situations look less staged like the butchers, hairdressers and lingerie shop. I don’t think you need to show them actually working.

3 Likes

Finally watched it tonight. Loved it. Will only get better. Great gap filler in between gogglebox seasons

2 Likes

This week on Common Sense

Foxtel’s Lifestyle, Wednesdays at 7:30pm and on TEN, Thursdays at 8:30pm

This week, join in their conversation about a wide range of topics including the North Korean missile strikes, Bernard Tomic’s Wimbledon press conference, and exactly how much Australians spend on their pets.

3 Likes

Cant wait.

Very good episode last night; an improvement on the first. The workplaces seemed more natural and not just people presenting from a set.

1 Like

That’s good to hear. They must have taken the criticisms on board.

Pyongyang, Poor Sports and Pillow Talk.

Tonight At 8.30pm.

Another fascinating and, at times, perplexing week in news has been subject to the scrutiny of our nation’s Common Sense, airing tonight at 8.30pm on TEN and WIN Network.

Things begin in an explosive fashion, as Kim Jong-un’s recent nuclear tests are placed under the spotlight. Sadly, however, the Common Sensers struggle to determine whether the tests themselves or Donald Trump’s Twitter responses pose a greater threat to the free world.

On the subject of a speculative nuclear holocaust, attention turns to a resident of the Adelaide hills who has built his own fallout bunker, causing the Common Sensers to reflect on their own fundamentals of survival.

Next on the agenda is the subject of child medication for behavioural disorders, to which a particular worker has a very personal perspective. Bad behaviour is a common theme for the week, as the Common Sensers treat Bernard Tomic to their very own version of a grand slam, almost unanimously agreeing the notorious tennis player has a lot to learn in respect to good sportsmanship.

Before clocking off for another week, conversation turns to sleep, of which experts suggest Australians are not getting enough. While some Common Sensers insist they are incapable of a good night’s sleep, one struggles to stay awake through the story itself.

1 Like

Personally, I thought this week’s episode of Common Sense was better than last week’s.

Although judging by the ratings on both Lifestyle & Ten, I think the show is now even more unlikely to be renewed for a 2nd season than it was last week.

2 Likes

This show is great, but seems set up? The Removalists? Turns out Brett Blake is a popular comedian, has performed at the Melbourne Comedy Festival. looking through Facebook, I get the impression he has never worked for ‘Man With A Van’!

1 Like