Comedy Inc

I bet a lot of you will remember this show that aired on Nine in the noughties (and later The Comedy Channel).

Who here knows/remembers who played Eddie McGuire in the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? skits?

2 Likes

Who played Andrew O’Keefe in this episode?!?
3 Likes

Paul McCarthy

3 Likes

Jim Russell.

2 Likes

Great show. So many funny clips on youtube.

Even some full episodes i managed to upload and still up

1 Like

Their Sunrise send up was pretty good.

5 Likes

They also did Today Tonight, Sports Tonight, 60 minutes and The Today Show.

1 Like

I reckon that if they brought back Comedy Inc in the future they’d also do:

The Daily Edition
Judge Judy
The Chase Australia
My Kitchen Rules

1 Like

Comedy Inc was basically kept on for drama quota points wasn’t it? Especially in the 'Late Shift" era.

2 Likes

I could also imagine the dating/relationship/wedding-themed “reality” shows and Gogglebox being a major target for Comedy Inc (or any other sketch comedy show) if it was still on the air.

And of course, politics. Plenty of material with the current crop in Parliament in Canberra and on Macquarie Street!

1 Like

Yes. At the time nine didn’t have much on offer other than McLeod’s Daughters.

1 Like

Who Wants to be a Millionaire ‘Best Mates’ Edition.

1 Like

Also Sportsworld during that short-lived Johanna Griggs/ Matt White era

Imagine the team at Comedy Inc taking on Married at First Sight!

I love how they made the Millionaire skits authentic with the real set and graphics!

They seemed to go to a lot of effort to make their parodies look the part.

It had quite a lengthy run at 10.30pm if I recall. I always loved Full Frontal, and this was probably the closest thing we’ve had since.

1 Like

Wow they wouldn’t get away with this now.

4 Likes

This was a good show. It was sometimes very hit or miss but they did put a lot of effort into replicating the shows and they did most well. I liked it when it was on later at night it was always great later night viewing.

3 Likes