CNN

Again, I really don’t think anyone is ‘stupid’ because of their political views. Jeez. People are free to think what they want and suppport any political party they want, they aren’t stupid for it. A big reason why Trump won is because apparently people that supported him were ‘stupid’ and ‘deplorable’ - this only increases one’s anger and ensured that they went out and voted.

3 Likes

You’re right that people can believe whatever the want.

You’re wrong that people can believe whatever they want and not be stupid for it. If someone believes and says stupid things, then they’re fair game for criticism.

If Donald Trump didn’t want to be criticised by CNN, he should’ve never run for President and instead joined a safe space.

P.S. Clinton won the popular vote.

1 Like

How was he supposed to know CNN were going to be so bias against him? Or are you saying he should have known that they are left-wing bias?
Obama always gave it to Fox. That was his opinion. No outrage.

Also, what’s the popular vote got to do with anything? All these lefties going on about the popular vote need to realise that the system in the US is the electoral collage and Trump won! Trump is President.
Or are you saying it because I said that calling Trump supporters stupid and deplorable ensured they voted? If so, your point is still irrelevant as maybe if they didn’t get out and vote he wouldn’t of won in the states he did and in doing so not reach 270.
Anyway, everyone should get off the topic of the election itself as there was 1 winner and he is now President and no amount of whinging will change that.

2 Likes

And because this is the CNN thread…

Correct.

They aren’t being biased though. This is where your ideology blinds you. A lot of CNN’s “attacks” consist of nothing more than CNN replaying the President’s words.

And this is on topic, because this is about CNN.

1 Like

Where has this comment gone? This is the CNN thread so this is where it should be appearing. Van Jones often expresses very nasty anti-white views - this shouldn’t be swept under the rug.

1 Like

Dude, blind Freddy can see CNN is biased against Trump.

Just as blind Freddy could see Fox was biased against Obama.

Only you’re missing one side of the story.

2 Likes

Funny, I watched the Trump news conference the other day and he explicitly said he expects bad/negative stories and has no problem with that. Rather, he noted the tone of coverage.

Again, your statements are never grounded in fact.

2 Likes

Why did it air a report about unverified documents, regardless of whether it mentioned the details?

Will CNN also air a report tomorrow about an unverified document, compiled by Mr XYZ, stating that Hillary is a pink unicorn?

That Hillary was going to win the US Presidency.

What sort of bigger fake news example than that would you like? That CNN said Germany was going to win the war?

In any case, people who hate Trump need to understand that when Trump and his supporters use FAKE NEWS in a mocking, ironic way, they’re referring to the balance and tone of coverage. They don’t literally mean Wolf Blitzer came out and said the sky is purple and the moon is made of cheese. Jesus Christ people on the left are SO LITERAL!

Dude, you dismiss any outlet vaguely critical of Trump as “fake news”. The only recommendation I can give you is that you seek out a safe space.

Have I really? Think you’re making things up now.

In any case, see post above.

As for “safe spaces”, that’s not a term in the Australian lexicon; I don’t obsess about issues that have nothing to do with Australia. I’m not a person that immerses themselves in American twitter / hysterical politics, as you evidently do.

For clarity, I wouldn’t throw a blanket term over a whole network like CNN and say “fake news”. Trump is wrong in that regard.

Are many aspects of CNN’s coverage horribly biased however? Absolutely. And yes, it does in instances report fake news.

1 Like

Why did it air a report about unverified documents, regardless of whether it mentioned the details?

Because it was breaking news - breaking news is often unconfirmed

That was not fake news / lies. Dozens of polls showed Hillary would win. The polls were FACT.

What matters is the lies coming out of the White House every single day - from Trump, Kelly-Anne, Sean Spicer etc. You’re not concerned about that?

CNN is bias.
Fox is bias.
CNN is not fake news - any more than Trump is Fake President. I guess it’s a fun term to throw around to discredit anyone.

This is a fake post

lol k this was fun but now it’s getting a little unhinged.

But was it “breaking news”… from what i recall it was a “dossier” that buzzfeed admitted was not verified and in parts known to not be correct. Technically is that “news”?

And I am the last person to defend Trump, I have no respect for the man and his conduct in such a powerful role, but in that particular case i think the media was not fair. The race for clickbait and social media activity I think sometimes overrides the desire for accurate news.

4 Likes

CNN didn’t report what Buzzfeed did, that’s the point. What has been verified now is there does exist a dossier.

1 Like

Exactly. People got mixed up because Trump incorrectly alleged that CNN had reported the same as Buzzfeed.