CNN

It definitely improved about 18 months ago. Still not HD but much better.

Be great if CNN and MSNBC could be in HD from March 1

1 Like

“This whole talk about age makes me uncomfortable,” Lemon started. “I think it is the wrong road to go down. She says people, you know, politicians or something, are not in their prime. Nikki Haley isn’t in her prime, sorry… when a woman is considered to be in her prime in her 20s and 30s and maybe 40s.”

Don isn’t on tonight.

Yikes. Lemon’s casual misogyny on full display. Train crash antics. He won’t last on that show.

1 Like

CNN’s new domestic dayside lineup will be known as CNN News Central.

4 Likes

Why are they saying Dayside and not Daytime?

1 Like

In the US, dayside is more common in use than daytime.

1 Like

That is the first time I’ve ever heard that word. Is it a new American language invention?

They have been using terms like daytime television, daytime soap operas, daytime talk shows, Daytime Emmy Awards.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Well, dayside is mostly related to the rolling news programming schedule which airs outside of the morning and primetime content fringes. Daytime is mostly for the purposes you’ve mentioned.

1 Like
2 Likes

Fox literally had a show called ‘Dayside’ in the 00s. It’s always been a news (cable news?) term there.

1 Like

It was in use in the Aaron Sorkin HBO serioes “The Newsroom”.

I prefer it actually.

1 Like

CNN’s new dayside show ‘News Central’ launched today with a new set, new anchor team and standing presentation.

It includes many of the elements and energy of CNN’s iconic election night coverage.

![image|666x500]

3 Likes
2 Likes

From what I have seen of the format, it looks very much like The Situation Room during the pre-Zucker days (using the screens to show all kinds of news imagery and data). They are really going all-in for an election-style format mixed with elements of the former Situation Room; however, the pacing needs to be ramped a bit (but not to Zucker-level madness). Really great decision for taking a new life to the CNN ident signature (Stephen Arnold Music did the theme, with an in-house team for the graphics). Another great move is to use Studio 19Z as permanent New York studio; it really suits the more dynamic style of the show and gives it a much more active use (it had been used only for Erin Burnett and Fareed Zakaria).

Worth noting this debut its just the first of the two blocks. The second block which will air from DC will debut next week; until then, CNN Newsroom from NY will air as normal, except tomorrow, where breaking news coverage of the Trump indictment surrender and arraignment will occupy much of the dayside schedule.

3 Likes
2 Likes

As soon as I saw this announcement about new program King Charles living outside the US, the immediate thought is

• how much content is there for an ongoing series about the King Charles and the British Monarchy…
  • not about Gayle King and Charles Barkley.

The US can be very insular at times

3 Likes

Seems like a silly name for a news program. Should have been King Barkley.

1 Like